shape
carat
color
clarity

help - which .45 is better for bezel setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
First, this forum has been so helpful to me as a "lurker" that I decided to become a member :) Second, I never thought I liked diamonds because the ones I''d seen always seemed grey and dull and didn''t sparkle like you''d expect a diamond to sparkle. That all changed when I saw the diamonds on this site and saw my first hearts and arrows diamond. Long story short, I''m now in the market for my first diamond (an anniversary present). I am a very active person so I''d like my diamond to be bezel set. That said, I know the bezel setting prevents a lot of light from entering the diamond, so I''d like some opinions on which of these two diamonds will give me maximum light return in a bezel setting. There''s some difference in price due to the better clarity/color of the second diamond. Thanks!

Diamond 1
Shape: Round
Carat weight: 0.45
Cut: Hearts & Arrows Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: AGS
Depth: 61.2%
Table: 55.8%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 4.94*4.96*3.03
Crown Angle: 34.7°
Crown %: 15.40
pavilion Angle: 40.7°
pavilion %: 42.90
stars 53%
lower girdles 76%

Diamond 2
Carat weight: 0.45
Cut: Hearts & Arrows Ideal
Color: D
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: AGS
Depth: 61.0%
Table: 56.7%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 4.95*4.98*3.03
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown %: 14.90
pavilion Angle: 41.0°
pavilion %: 43.30
55% stars
81% lower girdles

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Based on numbers alone I would probably pick number 1. In a well-cut stone a bezel shouldn''t impact performance much because the light should be coming out of the top.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I am partial to #1 because the numbers are so good. And -- duh -- you're right, the light should be coming out of the top of the stone, so the bezel shouldn't make a well-cut stone look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results