shape
carat
color
clarity

Help, where can I find this!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsSolomon

Rough_Rock
Is it possible to find:
Shape: a round diamond
Carat: at least 1C
Colour: at least f, maybe G
Clarity at least vs2
Cut: great cut
Price: under $5000?

Anyone?

I started to look for princess cut diamonds and I found many under $5000 but now I have changed my mind and want a round one instead.

Please help me!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Might be a challenge for a 1ct., F, VS, x/x/x GIA, AGS0, but you might want to consider an eye clean SI1/2, G color, which could go for around $5K.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no. go under 1 ct, H, SI1.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I think something will have to give a little. I would start with clarity. Is there a reason you need/want a VS2?

MrsSolomon

Rough_Rock
I thought it was the same price for round and princess. When I have asked in stores most people say princess are more expensive but on the Internet it seems like the rounds are much more expensive.

If I should change my criterias, what should I change? Colour, clarity?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Rounds will be more expensive, all else equal. They will also look bigger however.

In a round, you can be more lenient because a round with a superb cut will easily hide inclusions and color. With fancies, like a princess, more color is evident.

As I said above, I would go down in clarity. If you get an eye clean SI1 or SI2 it will look exactly like a VS2 or a VVS2. Color, I am pickier about but many, many people here will say you can go down to at least an H. Some have Js that they claim are very white.

MrsSolomon

Rough_Rock
Ok, thank you so much for all advices!
I think G and SI is the lowest I want to go, maybe I can go down to 0.95 and stay around $5000.

MrsSolomon

Rough_Rock
Oh the last one had Fluorescence: Faint I guess thats not good.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 9:29:49 PM
Author: MrsSolomon
Oh the last one had Fluorescence: Faint I guess thats not good.
Why do you say this? I love
30.gif
my diamond with faint flourescence. In direct sunlight it glows a gorgeous violet color.

MrsSolomon

Rough_Rock
I read this on DiamondsOnWeb:

Any diamond within the Color range of D, E, F, G, and H that has a fluorescence grade of medium blue to strong blue, according to industry standards, should have a market value 8% to 15% less then a diamond without fluorescence. DoW strongly suggests staying away from these diamonds, since they will appear very dull and have little to no sparkle.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s not accurate. Search Flourescence on here, there are many threads devoted to it.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 9:40:08 PM
Author: MrsSolomon

I read this on DiamondsOnWeb:

Any diamond within the Color range of D, E, F, G, and H that has a fluorescence grade of medium blue to strong blue, according to industry standards, should have a market value 8% to 15% less then a diamond without fluorescence. DoW strongly suggests staying away from these diamonds, since they will appear very dull and have little to no sparkle.

Sorry but that is the biggest bunch of baloney I have ever read. A few (very, very few) diamonds with strong or very strong flouro will appear milky/cloudy. They are the exception, not the rule. Often diamonds with flouro will be slightly cheaper and that is great for the consumer who loves it!

MrsSolomon

Rough_Rock
Ok, I didnt know that..

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock

I''ve actually seen that stone in person.. it''s very pretty, but that black inclusion is very visible to the naked eye. It''s a good deal if you want to hide it under a prong.

I think it''s very possible if you get an SI2.. I have a completely eye clean H SI2 from WF and I love it. It''s AGS0, but I waited about a month or so before I found it on their website. It was 1.192 ct. and $4500. Keep looking, and make sure to call James Allen and have them email you the ideal scope images... some of the one''s they emailed me were a bit.. iffy.

Good luck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you search on the James Allen site, you need to stick with the ideal cut stones. That first one you linked was a little deep and had a thick girlde, so it faces up smaller than a 1 ct stone should.

For some basic parameters, stick close to:

table: 54-57

depth: 60-62

girdle: thin, medium, or slightly thick

crown angle: 34-35

pavilion angle: 40.6-41

jamie73

Rough_Rock
i have a 1.25 D color, ideal cut, with MB fluorescence and it is absolutely beautiful!
30.gif
it it very sparkely and not cloudy or mily or oily at all, as some people have said that it might be in a colorless diamond. it truly takes my breath away when i look at it.

i don''t think slight fluorescence would be a bad thing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results