shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Where can I find loose H&E melee diamonds for sale?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Wink Thank you so much for the explanation! So you are saying that there is a category above ideal cut melee that most other jewelers cannot access? Maybe only those that sell H&A stones can access the melee? (I may as well get this information straight so I tell the correct information in the future!)

I can help make sense of this for you. There are very few producers of precision-cut H&A melee. Their factories are not local to the USA and those who do the very best work charge what many commercial jewelers consider an exorbitant price. And since most consumers do not stipulate “H&A” quality there is no need for commercial jewelers to seek or develop a business relationship with such producers.

So it is certainly possible for jewelers to gain access. But relationships between suppliers and jewelers are not often "one-off" affairs. They usually take some deliberate effort on both sides, with the anticipation of regular continuing business.

Wink

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, consumers demanding hearts & arrows diamond melee. Has anyone mentioned that the proportions can be fudged to produce H&A which are not of ideal, never mind "super" ideal proportions?

Glad I'm retired

RWW

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Richard,

You may be glad you are retired, but many of us hope you will stick around and share your knowledge with us more often.

What are you doing with all of your time now that you are "retired"?

Wink

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wink,
Many thanks much for the kind words. As to what I am doing in my "Golden" years, you may have noticed I published a much revised and enlarged edition of Secrets Of The Gem Trade. I retired from retail not life. I'm currently spending time writing a novel, making a move to Virginia and occasionally dropping in on Pricescope..

I note that you are doing a good job keeping them honest.

Richard

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Having greatly enjoyed your novel "The French Blue", I gladly offer my services as a sounding board. I would say proof reader, but I get too wrapped up in the story to ever be a good proof reader. If you have a list of ready buyers, please put me on it.

Wink

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks Wink, my agent is trying to sell the novel now, will let you know once it's available.

tripleX

Rough_Rock
Hello. Indeed, we can provide H&A melee. Some important things to understand, however. Loose melee sales do not fall under the umbrella of guarantees we extend to finished jewelry or branded Crafted by Infinity diamonds. Loose melee do not come with grading reports either. My team inspects the parcels when they arrive, to assure that they meet HPD’s color and clarity standards, have precise Hearts and Arrows in the viewers, and sparkle like crazy to the eye.

I hope that provides insight. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your project.

Wink

Hi Wink,

I emailed your company yesterday to enquire about grabbing some melee from you, but was told that was not possible.

Is there still the possibility? I just found this thread!

Thanks.

L

lydial

@Wink how on earth do cutters cut H&A melee? As in what technology is used? Robotics? They are so tiny....

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Wink,

I emailed your company yesterday to enquire about grabbing some melee from you, but was told that was not possible.

Is there still the possibility? I just found this thread!

Thanks.

Hey @tripleX. We tried to do this, but it turned out that selling two or three smalls at a time, or ten of this mm and two of that mm and then having our client not being happy because only eight were used and we would not take returns of the two unused that it became a time drain and a financial drain as well. HPD does a much better job of selling our favorite brand of diamonds, so we decided to stick with what we do well.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Wink how on earth do cutters cut H&A melee? As in what technology is used? Robotics? They are so tiny....

I think they use Lilliputians. Who else could handle such tiny things without fumbling?

Seriously, just opening a parcel paper with these tiny gems is an adventure. if the paper crinkles, it can throw several of the gems out, and goodness, if they land on a carpet, or worse, a rug, you are all but guaranteed never to find them.

Wink

tripleX

Rough_Rock
Hey @tripleX. We tried to do this, but it turned out that selling two or three smalls at a time, or ten of this mm and two of that mm and then having our client not being happy because only eight were used and we would not take returns of the two unused that it became a time drain and a financial drain as well. HPD does a much better job of selling our favorite brand of diamonds, so we decided to stick with what we do well.

Wink

Thanks Wink! Makes sense :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously, just opening a parcel paper with these tiny gems is an adventure. if the paper crinkles, it can throw several of the gems out, and goodness, if they land on a carpet, or worse, a rug, you are all but guaranteed never to find them.

Wink
Wink, Had it ever happened to you? :bigsmile:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink, Had it ever happened to you? :bigsmile:

LOL, you know it has. I once opened a one carat parcel of half pointers. (200 tiny tiny diamonds). I was going to share them with my wife in our living room. Big mistake. The paper crinkled and I lost a few of them in the carpet. I found a few with a flashlight in the night, but never did recover all of them.

I rarely have to work with diamonds that small now, but the last time I had a parcel I opened it in a deep glass bowl and the two that escaped were easily found.

Wink

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tripleX

Call these guys up and ask them for a retailer in your area.

Someone's uncle was in the trade here, so I saved a screenshot of their info.

tripleX

Rough_Rock
@tripleX

Call these guys up and ask them for a retailer in your area.

Someone's uncle was in the trade here, so I saved a screenshot of their info.

Thanks for commenting :) I spoke with them a couple weeks back after a long google search and ordered some IF/F 2 pointers to match my main stone :)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for commenting :) I spoke with them a couple weeks back after a long google search and ordered some IF/F 2 pointers to match my main stone :)

Do they sell to the public?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results