shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Where can I find loose H&E melee diamonds for sale?

GJRB86

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hello Pricescopers,

I have a couple of questions about super ideal cut hearts and arrows melee diamonds. I'm curentul looking for a couple of natural and untreated super ideal cut hearts and arrows melee diamonds.

1. Who can tell me where I should be abel to buy them as a loose diamond?

2. Do they also sell to private individuals?

I am currently looking for minimum: VS2, minimum color G and 3×EX.

Size / Carat and quantity: 2 × 0.0075 crt - 1.20mm, 2 × 0.025 crt - 1.83mm, 2 × 0.55 crt - 2.43mm.

Who can help me out?!?!

It’s my first time starting a thread, so I hope I’ve posted it in the right area, thanks for reading, any advice offered is appreciated!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MY guess is nowhere. I doubt Whiteflash will sell them to you. Maybe Wink? And I really would t trust any other vendor unless you have a relationship with them or the cutter.

GJRB86

Rough_Rock
Premium
I have had contact with whiteflash and they only sell the h&a melee diamonds in their own jewels, not as loose diamonds.

That's not what I am looking for. I am looking for loose H & A melee diamonds, not pre set. And I am not looking for cubic zirconia either.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had contact with whiteflash and they only sell the h&a melee diamonds in their own jewels, not as loose diamonds.

That's not what I am looking for. I am looking for loose H & A melee diamonds, not pre set. And I am not looking for cubic zirconia either.

Yeah. We know you wanted loose. THat is why we didnt think whiteflash would sell them to you. And the other suggestion was to ask HP diamonds and see if they will sell their loose. I’m guessing probably not but I don’t know for sure. I’ve never asked.

GJRB86

Rough_Rock
Premium
I could indeed try it with HP diamonds, but I guess they also dont sell melee H&A diamonds.

At least thanks for think along.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you need loose diamonds for? Are you planning to set them into something? Melee is usually very very small. You could probably get very nicely cut melee that isn't technically "hearts and arrows" melee.

Again melee is tiny. Super tiny. And very hard to hold with your finger, tweezers, etc.

Are you going to try and set them into something? Why not just buy the something with the stones already set into it? Far more vendors would be available for such a quest.

GJRB86

Rough_Rock
Premium
They will be used in a ring that my jeweler is going to make for me. It is a model ring that my jeweler makes in house by hand, and they allow to bring in your own diamonds.

The top diamond planning on to be used is going to be a 0.30 to a 0.35 crt H&A briljant.

These why I'm looking for H&A melee diamonds to accommodate the H&A top diamond.

Lavault

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hey, welcome to the community. In your post you stated 2x55 pointers but due to the millimeter size I'm guessing you meant 2 x .055 ? When would your jeweler need the diamonds?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your jeweler has no access to source H&A melee for you? Usually trade members have way more resources than laypeople.

GJRB86

Rough_Rock
Premium
thank for welcoming!

I meant indeed meant 2 x 0.055

It would be nice if I can find them within a month, month and a half.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They will be used in a ring that my jeweler is going to make for me. It is a model ring that my jeweler makes in house by hand, and they allow to bring in your own diamonds.

The top diamond planning on to be used is going to be a 0.30 to a 0.35 crt H&A briljant.

These why I'm looking for H&A melee diamonds to accommodate the H&A top diamond.

I don't understand this. Why isn't your jeweler getting these for you?

We are talking about less than 1 point, 2.5 points, and 5 points. I honestly don't think you'd be able to see a difference in well cut, excellent cut melee at those sizes. I have H&A stones in something that are 7 points, and really, you can't tell.

GJRB86

Rough_Rock
Premium
What is there not to understand?

Do not get me wrong, but it is not allowed to look for your own diamonds that someone would like to put in his ring?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hello. Indeed, we can provide H&A melee. Some important things to understand, however. Loose melee sales do not fall under the umbrella of guarantees we extend to finished jewelry or branded Crafted by Infinity diamonds. Loose melee do not come with grading reports either. My team inspects the parcels when they arrive, to assure that they meet HPD’s color and clarity standards, have precise Hearts and Arrows in the viewers, and sparkle like crazy to the eye.

I hope that provides insight. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your project.

Wink

GJRB86

Rough_Rock
Premium
thanks for your response!

I will get in contact by e-mail.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is there not to understand?

Do not get me wrong, but it is not allowed to look for your own diamonds that someone would like to put in his ring?

It isn't a matter of it being allowed, but it just makes no sense to me since the jewelry maker normally sources the melee stones. He gets them for a wholesale price.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I don't understand this. Why isn't your jeweler getting these for you?

We are talking about less than 1 point, 2.5 points, and 5 points. I honestly don't think you'd be able to see a difference in well cut, excellent cut melee at those sizes. I have H&A stones in something that are 7 points, and really, you can't tell.

There could be many reasons why the OP wants to source the melee, not the least of which is a preference for high quality melee over the generic melee most jewelers supply. I can see the difference in quality, even in one or two pointers. I'm sure others can as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There could be many reasons why the OP wants to source the melee, not the least of which is a preference for high quality melee over the generic melee most jewelers supply. I can see the difference in quality, even in one or two pointers. I'm sure others can as well.

Any jeweler should be able to access all levels of quality melee including ideal cut. Please remember that I was saying it would be hard to tell top quality excellent melee from ideal cut in 1 and 2 pointers. I can ask Wink, but I am betting that they don't do hearts images on every single melee stone to make sure it has perfect hearts anyway. I have been told before there is ideal cut melee, but it doesn't guarantee every stone is true H&A because not all ideal cut stones are.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It isn't a matter of it being allowed, but it just makes no sense to me since the jewelry maker normally sources the melee stones. He gets them for a wholesale price.

My business niche is different. HP Diamonds sells only precision-cut Crafted by Infinity diamonds. With such a focus we are frequently asked “do you also have H&A melee” by our clients. Yes we do. In fact I went to great pains to audit and secure our exclusive production of Lux H&A melee. The end result is that we secured a volume-relationship with our H&A melee producer. This not only brings my cost down, it means I usually have surplus on-hand so I can respond to projects like this one.

I hope the explanation helps.

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wink Thank you so much for the explanation! So you are saying that there is a category above ideal cut melee that most other jewelers cannot access? Maybe only those that sell H&A stones can access the melee? (I may as well get this information straight so I tell the correct information in the future!)

(I can just picture what might come of this. People will go to someone like LM and ask what type of melee he uses, and of course, he'll say the best. And then they'll say, but are they ideal cut or true H&A? I'd like to be a fly on the wall to witness how that turns out!:lol:)

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any jeweler should be able to access all levels of quality melee including ideal cut. Please remember that I was saying it would be hard to tell top quality excellent melee from ideal cut in 1 and 2 pointers. I can ask Wink, but I am betting that they don't do hearts images on every single melee stone to make sure it has perfect hearts anyway. I have been told before there is ideal cut melee, but it doesn't guarantee every stone is true H&A because not all ideal cut stones are.

I'd guess it is because average jewellers and chain store jewellers don't want to fork out for a parcel of H & A high colour, high clarity melee when they can buy mass produced average cuts from China or India or where ever for cheaper prices, DS. And why would one jeweller want to buy a whole parcel of the stuff which is normally how jewellers buy it unless you have a number of customers that actually want it so only high end jewellers or people like Wink, or Victor, or Caysie that deal with people like us on a regular basis source that. Most chain store and average quality jewellers are out to cut costs for themselves and their customers.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd guess it is because average jewellers and chain store jewellers don't want to fork out for a parcel of H & A melee when they can buy mass produced average cuts from China or India or where ever for cheaper prices, DS. And why would one jeweller want to buy a whole parcel of the stuff which is normally how jewellers buy it unless you have a number of customers that actually want it so only high end jewellers or people like Wink, or Victor, or Caysie that deal with people like us on a regular basis source that. Most chain store and average quality jewellers are out to cut costs for themselves and their customers.

Well, I don't think we can assume that top jewelry makers all use H&A melee instead of ideal cut. But that's a topic for another day. I'd be curious now to know, though.

Fair enough, I wasn't thinking someone looking at H&A diamonds would be going to a chain store or average jeweler to have a piece custom made. The jewelers around here wouldn't know what H&A melee are, and maybe his doesn't either.

Sooo, sorry for my posts questioning the OP. I am glad Wink can supply the stones he needs!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The average consumer would have no idea about the quality of the melee mostly either DS so, that is another reason most average jewellers probably worry more about the colour and clarity and less about the cut.

I don't assume all the top quality jewellers use it, but I know there are a few you can ask for it.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One important thing to say to the OP is also that not all jewellers will accept melee from customers even when they accept stones from the customer. Accepting stones generally means the center stone etc of a certain weight, not melee.

So, to the OP, have you specifically asked your jeweller if he/she also accepts your own sourced melee?

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
... and then there is also the risk of melee breaking during/after setting. If it is your melee the setter may not pay for any replacement, in other words the stones will be set on your own risk. If it is the setters stones, the setter will basically always insure their own stones during setting.

Edited to add, I am simply saying this to make the OP aware if the OP is not already. The reason why melee is not readily avaliable is because consumers rarely buy them simply because of these reasons I stated, risk/insurance/garantuee/willingness of the setter... plus the fact that the setter knows exactly what size melee is needed and will change it if necessary, something that isnt fully possible for a consumer to know or do when the melee is sourced by the consumer.

Last edited:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grunberger Diamonds is the world's largest producer of AGS 000 hearts and arrows melee
https://www.americangemsociety.org/news/355025/Supplier-Spotlight-Grunberger-Diamonds-Inc..htm
But it's strictly a wholesaler; their US office is on Long Island, outside of New York City:
http://www.grunbergerdiamonds.com
http://www.grunbergerdiamonds.com/d...ong-kong-antwerp-belgium-osaka-japan-vietnam/

I know of Grunberger via my late father-in-law who was "in the trade" in NYC, but I bet there are other wholesale suppliers of the kind of melee you want. You could ask your jeweler for a price quote on melee per your specs & compare those with the prices you get from Wink-High Performance Diamonds. I imagine Wink's prices may be lower since he's buying such melee "in bulk", but there's no downside to doing some price comparisons.

GJRB86

Rough_Rock
Premium
@MollyMalone I have indeed already contacted Grunberger Diamonds by email. Still awaiting for response at this time.

But thanks for the tip.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Last edited:

GJRB86

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Lula and @arkieb1 you to understand what I encountered, my jeweler uses the standard diamond melee. And he doesn't deliver the diamond melee that I asked for.

And on the other hand, it can not hurt to compare prices.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results