shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!!!! What do you guys think? Oh wise ones....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
A VVS1 seems like an extreme clarity grade unless it''s really important to you. The only other ACA about that weight I could find was a H SI1 for about a thousand less. You could check to see if it''s eyeclean.

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
These whiteflash ones are the price BEFORE the PS discount (so I went a little above $4,200 in some cases, since you''d save 3% or so w/ the discount)

1.15 J / SI2 Expert Selection $4,267 (inclusions look scattered and small enough that it might be eye-clean - worth asking)

1.12 J / SI2 Expert Selection $4,155 (one big inclusion under the table, but hard to see on the magnified image - looks like this might be eyeclean too)

1.067 H / SI2 Expert Selection $4,490 (same - inclusions look scattered, worth checking)

0.81 H / SI1 A Cut Above $3,210 (you can save $1,000 just by going from VVS1 to SI1 and will probably see no difference w/ your eye)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Now would be a good time to point out that I own several eye-clean SI2 stones......one is .57, two are .75 and one is 1.25.

You can likey readily find an eyeclean SI1 without too much trouble and save some cash going below VS.

9.gif

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
So is the PS discount 3% or 5%? So we don''t really care about VVS, SI1 is fine. But we really want to stick to the 4200 price limit. Which stone maximizes the size and clarity without shelling more than 4200? By the way, we have abbas in town (gatortown), are they worth checking out? Oh, another question, we liked the stone I posted because it had WF five star, does four star make that much of a difference?

Thanks again!!!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I would try for H color or better and SI1 (eyeclean) or better . . .
Also, you can''t go wrong with the WF ACA but I found with my diamond that the Expert selection was gorgeous and saved my BF some money and allowed us to go with a much larger stone.
Here is one more to think about but I still like the one I posted above.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=996223

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
hi hikerchick,
I liked the second one you posted. But I think due to financial issues (ie. pricescope discount), I think we''re going to buy from whiteflash. Could you (or anyone else for that matter) take a look at whiteflash and offer us (me and bf) more suggestions for 4200? I think my ideal rock would be 0.90-0.95ct, SI1, color whatever. Why is there a lack of 0.90-1.00ct diamonds?

Thanks again,
Julia

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jamesallen-com.54552/

According to the above thread . . . James Allen also gives a PS discount. I bought from WF and their discount was 3% for wire transfer while jamesallen looks to be 5% for wire transfer . . . so don''t discount the james allen diamonds before calling them about a discount first.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 10:34:34 PM
Author: leilei0812
hi hikerchick,
I liked the second one you posted. But I think due to financial issues (ie. pricescope discount), I think we''re going to buy from whiteflash. Could you (or anyone else for that matter) take a look at whiteflash and offer us (me and bf) more suggestions for 4200? I think my ideal rock would be 0.90-0.95ct, SI1, color whatever. Why is there a lack of 0.90-1.00ct diamonds?

Thanks again,
Julia
If cutters can get that close to the 1 ct. mark, they''ll do all they can to get over it, more money.
2.gif
So you won''t find a lot.

Here''s the only two I could find.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-122962.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-183730.htm

If eyeclean, either of these would be pretty.

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
Hi belle,
Love that stone. But do you see two little slashes through the arrows that are not on the AGS paper? I see it once you click on the stone to enlarge the pictures. Weird that those imperfections are not shown on the AGS papers. But definite possiblity, I get a little bit more than a carat, BF gets to keep his budget. Good for both of us. :)

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
Hi Ellen,
Thank you for looking for me. You''re going to make my BF so happy to find such beauties and so much under budget. :) Will put those on the list of possible stones.

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
anyone else? Any other suggestions?

tdiggity

Rough_Rock
Good old gold will give you 5% off for wire transfer too...I HIGHLY recommend them. Talk to Tim for the stone and Marie for the ring...they are GREAT!

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
Hi Dach2k3,

I saw this stone last night.. I love love it. Price is awesome too. I didn''t see a H&A inscription though. Do you think it has the inscription and just didn''t show a picture of it. Also, We already have a setting (scott kay), is it possible to send the setting to them and just have the stone set by goodoldgold?

Thanks,
Julia

coda72

Brilliant_Rock

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your help. I guess we still haven''t found the "one". *sigh* more digging and more searching.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 6:09:25 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. I guess we still haven''t found the ''one''. *sigh* more digging and more searching.
What exactly are you looking for?

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
Hi Ellen,
Let''s see if I can put this into a list. First and foremost, laser inscription. Second, an H&A. Third, an 4200 budget. Fourth, goodoldgold, whiteflash, or abbas only.
Fifth, already have scott kay setting, so would like diamond seller to set stone in our setting. Six, as large of a stone but in whiteflash standards, *five star* quality. Hmmm...That''s all I think. Is that too much to ask for?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2007 7:07:16 PM
Hi Ellen,
Let's see if I can put this into a list. First and foremost, laser inscription. Second, an H&A. Third, an 4200 budget. Fourth, goodoldgold, whiteflash, or abbas only.
Fifth, already have scott kay setting, so would like diamond seller to set stone in our setting. Six, as large of a stone but in whiteflash standards, *five star* quality. Hmmm...That's all I think. Is that too much to ask for?

Good Old Gold will have the stone laser inscribed...all you have to do is ask! And the .85 H VS2 there looks excellent!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Ellen,
Let's see if I can put this into a list. First and foremost, laser inscription. Second, an H&A. Third, an 4200 budget. Fourth, goodoldgold, whiteflash, or abbas only.
Fifth, already have scott kay setting, so would like diamond seller to set stone in our setting. Six, as large of a stone but in whiteflash standards, *five star* quality. Hmmm...That's all I think. Is that too much to ask for?
lol No, that's doable. Actually, the one from GOG that dach posted fits the bill. The girdle IS laser inscribed, it's noted under comments on the cert.

Seriously, I don't think you'll find better than this, and it is comperable to a WF 5 star.

And GOG will most likely set it in your setting. Just ask Marie. Sometimes they want a pic of it first to make sure it's not real complcated, but my guess is it would be no problem.

They are great to work with, I got my ring there.

That one gets my vote!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
why is a laser inscription ''first and foremost'' if you don''t mind me asking.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ellen,
Leilei......one thing comes to mind if this highlighted portion is really important to you.

WF H&A standards are EXTREMELY strict....and often far stricter than many others. That said, it's entirely possible that somes stones other vendors call H&A wouldn't meet Whiteflash's definition of H&A. Certainly not all.....but some.

Put another way......the only stones that can definitely be said to meet Whiteflash's "five-star" standard are their own branded ACA stones. That's not to say that other stones can't be lovely and equally beautiful.....but you're talking about meeting a finite standard, and the only stones that fit the standard you've listed are WF ACA stones.

If you're going to relax that standard, then I'd encourage you to consider that WF's 4-star ES stones may be every bit as lovely as and absolutely comparable to some stones being offered as non-branded H&As by other vendors. It may widen the pool from which you can choose.

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for your help. Let me attempt to answer some questions. We (bf and me) want the laser inscription because we are worried about possible future work on the ring/setting. We don''t have a trusted local jeweler, so a laser inscription would ease our mind on the diamond. Second, I understand the WF five star strict criteria, hence, the more reason to want it. I don''t want to get something that I will regret later on. With WF''s five star, I know I will get the best that we can afford. :) On that note, again, thank you everyone for your help. The last goodoldgold stone is a definite possibility, but I still we are still searching. He''s hoping that the done ring will be completed by the end of February, so we still have almost two months, maybe the venders will come out with new diamonds in those two months. :) If any of them wow you, let me know!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 10:58:30 PM
Hi belle,
Love that stone. But do you see two little slashes through the arrows that are not on the AGS paper? I see it once you click on the stone to enlarge the pictures. Weird that those imperfections are not shown on the AGS papers. But definite possiblity, I get a little bit more than a carat, BF gets to keep his budget. Good for both of us. :)
I have to say that I second the stone Belle recommended.....here.

The little slashes that aren't on the AGS paper? It's not weird they don't show on the AGS report; AGS (and other labs) grade what they can see at 10x mag. The enlarged picture you're looking at is 40x mag! What does this mean? In person, you won't see em!

That is a KILLER stone for the money, and I'd be all over it if I were shopping in that range.
9.gif

This stone HikerChick posted......also phenominal! Look at the image. I'm guessing the only reason this missed the ACA designation is that the arrowhead is just sliiiiiiiiiightly off the arrow shaft at the 6-oclock position in the enlarged photo. If you look in the image scope , you can see it in the arrow positioned near 1 o'clock. But look at the rest of the stone??? AMAZING. And it's WELL under your budget, GREAT color.

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
what about abazias? They are local to us ( I think). I wonder if we can actually go and look at some stones in person, although I don''t have a trained eye, and wouldn''t really know what to look for. Anyone dealt with them before?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results