shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! What’s wrong with this round brilliant?

Gasdoc23

Rough_Rock
I ordered a stone from JA and now I’m having second thoughts. The price seems too good to be true and there may be something wrong with this stone that I’m unable to detect. Should I cancel my order?

here is the link:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
If you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay and do you have the proportions? Faint florescence should be OK, but sometimes could make a diamond hazy or cloudy.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t see the GIA cert, don’t know what you paid. Your question is impossible to answer with the information provided.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the stone you posted about earlier? If so, please delete the duplicate thread and provide the GIA cert info here. But based on the images alone from the website I think it looks good

Gasdoc23

Rough_Rock
I paid $9170

69EE8742-532B-4521-9541-F21B3039F6C7.jpeg

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I paid $9170

69EE8742-532B-4521-9541-F21B3039F6C7.jpeg

Good HCA score, nice video, good but not suspect price, looks like it will be eye clean too! The only thing that leaves me apprehensive is the ship date. Is this “virtual inventory”? And honestly, it’s not to say the virtual inventory will never ship, it’s just the most likely to be used by other sites, or if over seas, have a significant delay shipping.

Gasdoc23

Rough_Rock
Yea the ship date made me nervous too. But I think with COVID, a lot of the diamonds have delayed ship dates. I looked at many many JA diamonds and only 2 had earlier ship dates (June 10 and June 15). I’m not in a rush so I can deal with waiting a month.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Yea the ship date made me nervous too. But I think with COVID, a lot of the diamonds have delayed ship dates. I looked at many many JA diamonds and only 2 had earlier ship dates (June 10 and June 15). I’m not in a rush so I can deal with waiting a month.

And it’s possible they’re trying to post more realistic ship dates for customers under the circumstances, I’m not suggesting otherwise. The ship date , to me, would just suggest it’s not “in house”, so it might be for sale on multiple sites, might have a delay in shipping- no reason for you to cancel, assuming you aren’t under a pressing deadline, but I would just prepare yourself for an email alerting you it’s not in stock, or suggesting a substitute- like don’t get emotionally attached.
Objectively, I think it looks very nice and you got a solid deal for the cut and clarity.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it’s possible they’re trying to post more realistic ship dates for customers under the circumstances, I’m not suggesting otherwise. The ship date , to me, would just suggest it’s not “in house”, so it might be for sale on multiple sites, might have a delay in shipping- no reason for you to cancel, assuming you aren’t under a pressing deadline, but I would just prepare yourself for an email alerting you it’s not in stock, or suggesting a substitute- like don’t get emotionally attached.
Objectively, I think it looks very nice and you got a solid deal for the cut and clarity.
All JA stones are drop shipped (or almost all), so it's an inherent risk with this vendor. But I agree I think it's a fair price for what it is (of course it would always be less $ to get a G/VS2 or SI1).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results