shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP wedding soon need stone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bone doc

Rough_Rock
I need help! I''m looking to buy very soon. I''ve narrowed the search down to 2 round brilliant stones. Each has a GIA cert, sarin, and brilliancescope. Both are H&A stones. Neither are enhanced or fluoresce. I now need expert opinions...

Stone #1:
0.80 carat, VS2, F
depth % 61.0
table % 55.3
crown angle 34.1 degrees
pavillion angle 40.9 degrees
cutlet 0.7%
polish/symmetry - excellent/excellent
girdle - thin to medium
$3763

Stone #2
0.82 carat, SI1, E
depth % 61.0
table % 55.6
crown angle 34.2 degrees
pavillion angle 40.9 degrees
cutlet 0.7%
polish/symmetry - excellent/excellent
girdle - thin to medium
$3778

What do you folks thin about the stones? What''s more important colour or clarity? Reasonable prices?

Any and all help much appreciated.

Cheers!

bd
loopy.gif
confused.gif
lickout.gif
rolleyes.gif
love.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
If I were buying over the net, I'd go for the better clarity to make sure I didn't get an SI1 stone with a set of inclusions I didn't care for.

Past that, I'm sure you'd be happy with either stone. They almost sound like twins!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
All else being equal (and most of the info for both stones is--even down to their 'excellent' HCA scores!) I'd go for the better clarity, esp when it is cheaper and both E and F are still in the colorless range.
1.gif
The .02c will not make a whits difference from a visual perspective, it will look the same as an .80c or an .82 with well cut dimensions, so go for the cheaper and better stone! Good luck and congrats!
1.gif

glittergirl

Rough_Rock
Both stones look beautiful. I would agree with the previous comments and suggest the vs2 stone since both are colourless. Good luck!
wavey.gif

bone doc

Rough_Rock
thanks for the advice on the colour vs. clarity issue.
i'm interested in some advice on the cut from some of the heavy weights like cut nut, rock doc, richard sherwood, giangi, etc.
are you guys out there???
6.gif

bd
wavey.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 3/31/2003 8:57:16 PM bone doc wrote:
thanks for the advice on the colour vs. clarity issue.
i'm interested in some advice on the cut from some of the heavy weights like cut nut, rock doc, richard sherwood, giangi, etc.
are you guys out there???
6.gif

bd
wavey.gif
----------------
BD-I think if you are looking to compare other aspects of the 2 stones outlined you can incorporate how the stone measures up on the b-scope and/or how the stones variances differ from each other. The sarin data you posted in respect to each stone is similair, but if you want to split more hairs look at the variances within the measurements of all the angles of a stone. The tighter the variances the tighter the stone is cut to, by tighter I mean precision. The b-scope is also a helpfull tool to incorporate and don't just look at the bars in evaluating the stone look at the 5 light views.

-Hope this helps-

Josh
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
apples to apples!
1.gif

Rich or someone, what about posting DiamCalc...that may show minute differences in the stones, though their specs are literally almost EXACTLY the same.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
These stones are like identical twins with different freckle arrangements.

You've received excellent advice from all posters. I myself would tend towards the F/VS2, just for that added "cushion" of greater clarity.

The prices are just where they're supposed to be, almost identical to each other. Excellent prices.

I like Josh's suggestion of examining the brilliancescope (and variances). If there was any noticeable difference between the two brilliancescope results, I'd go with the brighter stone. Otherwise, I'd lean towards the VS2.

The DiamCalc light return analysis brings "very goods" across the board for both stones. Top numbers (0.99 0.99 1.00 0.99 0.98 1.00). A Siamese twin image follows:

bone doc.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
These 2 stones would make a heart-stopping pair of earrings... They're soooo identical!!
I'd buy the VS 2 F... I like the idea of a better clarity and a negligible color difference, being the price the same!
1.gif

bone doc

Rough_Rock
thanks for the advice! you guys are great!

rich and mara, what is the DiamCalc? rich you said the stones returned "very goods" across the board and then gave a set of numbers...what does this mean?

thanks again.

bd

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It means that the stone has great brilliance, minimal leakage, good contrast and nowhere near a tendency to exhibit a "fisheye" (a shallow stone characteristic).

These figure are created on the Russian DiamCalc software, a cutting edge diamond cut analysis tool developed by some serious cut geeks from Moscow State University.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results