shape
carat
color
clarity

Help w/ Wedding Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyfish

Rough_Rock
Hi, this is my first post!
35.gif

I''m looking for help on a wedding band to match my engagement ring. I have an asscher solitaire set on a shared prong eternity band, and I''m debating whether to get a wedding band that''s an exactly matching eternity band, or a more vintage style wedding band.

Here''s a picture of my ring. I don''t know how to post multiple pics, so I''ll post the vintage style band next.

Opinions most welcome! :)

ring1 smaller.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was waiting to see the other ring, but your diamond is beautiful! Right now I''d vote for a matching ring like the shank of the e-ring. But I''ll wait and see the other one if you post it.

luckyfish

Rough_Rock
Here''s the link to the wedding band I''m considering.

Tiffany Swing Ring

I have 2 concerns with this ring:

1) The different shapes in this ring might detract from the center stone of the e-ring
2) This style of ring might be a passing trend and will look dated in a few years

The reason I''m shying away from a wedding band that matches my e-ring exactly is because I like things to have a bit of a twist; in other words, to not be so matchy-matchy.

Thoughts?

luckyfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks, diamondseeker!! I''ll wait for your final vote after you''ve seen the band... :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen sets with bands that don''t match and liked them. However, with your particular ering, my vote would be for a matching band.

LOVE your ring.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
I am considering the exact same ring for my wband. I love that it doesn''t match perfectly, and it''s a little special.

It didn''t really occur to me that the tstyle might be a passing trend, but i think that it''s classy enough that even dated it will still be beautiful.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go with the matching eternity band. It will never go out of style or look trendy. I like the swing band, but IMO I think it would take away from your center stone. Just too many shapes going on together. I think it''s more suited to a plain solitaire band.

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for the matching band also. I love the "delicateness" (is that a word?) of your band. Who makes that setting, if you don''t mind sharing?

Oh, and by the way, your diamond is breathtaking!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2007 11:30:25 PM
Author: lyra
I''d go with the matching eternity band. It will never go out of style or look trendy. I like the swing band, but IMO I think it would take away from your center stone. Just too many shapes going on together. I think it''s more suited to a plain solitaire band.
Ditto to Ellen and Lyra. There may be some other non-matching band I''d like with it, but I agree that I don''t think this one would be all that complimentary to your e-ring.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for the matching band, but it might be fun to have other funkier bands as well to stack. By the way...where are the rest of the pictures of your ring?!!! It''s amazing, please share the details and some more pictures!!!!
30.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you are a Lucky Fish!

What a beauty, I could stare at your ring forever!

Mhhhh.... DREAMY!

To actually respond to your question, get a plain Plat/18ct wedding band (Tiffany if you prefer), that way it will never date.

I think it is acceptable to to have 2 or 3 wedding bands (at least
28.gif
), even better if you are not married yet, then they can each be legitimate wedding bands. Ohh the possibilities.

So get the plain one, great for every day wear, it will never date. Get a diamond band also, sparkle can never be passed up. I would get an asscher eternity-mhh.

Eg.
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=3570

and this one - my favourite:
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=4110

36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That band is very pretty, but I vote for a matching eternity.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ering is beautiful
30.gif
I vote for the matching ring
1.gif

luckyfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions and kind words!
5.gif
I guess I''ll stick with the matching band, or maybe the asscher eternity that steel suggested-- it''s so pretty!

3shebabes: My fiance actually had the ring custom set through a jeweler he found randomly in the LA jewelry district, so it''s not a branded setting.

kcourselle: Here are a couple more pics of the ring. It''s 2.21 ct, F, VS2.

ring2 smaller.jpg

luckyfish

Rough_Rock
One more:

It''s not a great picture, but I tried to get some of the prong details. Sorry, I''m not a great photographer!
33.gif

ring3 smaller.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh!!! SWOON .... That is such a lovely asscher ... impeccably set too! And HUMONGO!!!! For you band ... couldn''t hurt to try on the Tifany Swing band with it. I like mixy-matchy sets generally. Think it would be easy to say "yes this looks perfect" .. or "no way jose" once you try it on. The matching band would be pretty too!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous!!!! I just really love your ring, it is so stunning!! Thanks for the extra pics too.

Here are a couple of more ideas. I really love the idea of having your main wedding band that matches and then getting some other ones to stack as anniversary gifts or something like that. Kate beckinsale does this with her ring that is similar to yours and it''s a really cool look.

KateBe0001aaa.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is another cool wedding band that was at singlestone in the LA jewelry district.

oec_weddingband.jpg

luckyfish

Rough_Rock
decodelighted: Thanks! I looked up your set, too; it''s so very lovely! I love how the rings don''t match but complement each other so well.

kcourselle: I looooove Kate Beckinsale''s rings! And the other band you posted is really nice also. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results