shape
carat
color
clarity

help w/starburst + trapezoids

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geared up

Rough_Rock
Hi - i''ve been doing some legwork for starburst cuts in the 2.0 to 2.1 carat ballpark, with the idea of getting an F or G, clarity along the line of VS1 to SI1, with trapezoids mounted on the sides (totaling ~.40).

Unfortunate for me, the first place I saw the starburst ensemble with accompanying trapezoids was at cartier. Really good looking, but shockingly, really pricey, too. I was hoping some of you folks might be willing to offer up some advice for a humble novice when it comes to getting something like this for south of $20k from a solid and reliable jeweler. For what it''s worth, I live in the NYC area and have made a few visits to the diamond district on the wknds but haven''t had much luck.

Thanks in advance...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't "Starbust" a nice name for "radiant"
20.gif

They seem pretty darn close to me. The sides could be brilliant-cut trapezoids as well.

Anyway. There is a branded "Starburst Cut" described as "modified radiant". (link to description)

starburst1.jpg

Hope this helps a bit...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Geared Up, I too at one time was on a search for a Starburst radiant. I live in Houston and the only retail B & M front I found them at was Neiman Marcus. There is very little info on the web about them - or very little that I could find.

I think if you contacted some of the vendors here - surely someone could help you. Please keep us posted on your search and finds. I loved the cut and still might search one out.

sahmama

Rough_Rock
I thought Starburst was a branded Louis Glick cut--it is a radiant shape though. Check out www.louisglick.com. I saw some of these stones at a local B & M and they are gorgeous, though pricey.

maryg

Rough_Rock
Starbursts is indeed a diff. name for Radiants, rather Ideal cut Radiants not the cut cornered Princess cuts.. its a Louis Glick Brand.

Starbursts are cut a little differently only a cutter will see the diff. if you find a nice Ideal cut Radiant it will look exactly the same.

Good Luck
The search is worth it! I love the brilliance of this shape
30.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone-
First of all, there is no such a thing as "Ideal Cut Radiant".
Starburst is indeed a stone marketed by Louis Glick.
I believe that they now market different shapes besides Radiant style stones under that name now.

The main difference is around the culet. Where a traditional Radiant has two lines meeting at 90degrees, the Starburst has more of an "Iron Cross" design at the culet.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hey gradred up- I just re-read your post.
The trapezoid shape works beautifully with a Radiant Cuy center.
It is possible to get a 2ct center with a trapezoid ring for less than 20k- but you won''t be seeing well cut eye clean D-E-F colors in that price range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results