shape
carat
color
clarity

Help w/ Name of Diamond Setting! Cluster,Ballerina?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluescharm

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have a 1.5 ct emerald cut and would like to put surrounding diamonds around it sort of like this picture(if you can''t see it, go to this link): http://cgi.sothebys.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2161074249&category=15177

First of all, can someone tell me what this specific setting name is?Is it cluster? Ballerina? I''m confused...

Second, where can I get this done (can I buy it online?). Also, is there a website where I can view these types of settings?

Third, about how much would a setting like the one up for auction cost?

thanks!!!
Natasha
wavey.gif

i-1_P.JPG

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
This is not your average semi-mounting. It appears to be custom made for the diamond. It is neither a cluster nor ballerina, but more along the lines of an "illusion" mounting with a row of baguette and round diamonds closely bordering the emerald cut, and in the shoulders of the shank.

In platinum, with 1 carat of diamonds, I would expect a semi-mounting like this to cost you somewhere between $2000-$3000 depending on the quality of diamonds, workmanship, and overhead of the person who makes it for you.

Very sharp looking ring.

I know two guys in Sarasota who are of the caliber to make a ring like this. Both are first class jewelers who work at a reasonable markup. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you their numbers.

bluescharm

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for replying Rich!

I'm in California and don't mind shipping it elsewhere to get mounted, but I'd prefer to work with someone here so we could go over everything face to face. Is that silly? If it's going to be a custom design, maybe that matters more (or am I needlessly worrying?). In any case, how would I go about finding a jeweler near me who is "of the caliber" to do this? :)

Best,
Natasha

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
No, it's not silly at all. Completely understandable, and not a bad idea on a custom piece.

There's got to be some good jewelers out there. You'll probably get some people on this forum recommended jewelers they've had experience with.

Where is it you're located?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results