shape
carat
color
clarity

Help w/ choosing eternity band!

Jello88

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi All - I'm looking for a round brilliant, U-Prong full eternity band as my wedding band. I've read through a bunch of threads on this on PS and it seems like a lot of people recommend WF's Annette U Prong and the eternity bands from IDJ. I noticed that the WF eternity band is significantly more expensive than IDJ? Is this purely because the diamonds they use on the band are ACA? If so, is it worth paying for ACA on such small diamonds? Can you tell a difference?

Also - I believe the standard eternity bands that both vendors list online are made of 0.1ct stones. I really love the look of a 0.2-0.25ct eternity band and am considering getting it custom made through one of these vendors. However, I have a relatively small finger (size 4) and small hands in general. I feel like the 0.2 band kind of overwhelms if I wear it with my engagement ring. Not sure what to do! Has anyone had the same struggle with choosing stone sizes for an eternity band?

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have been looking at eternity bands for quite some time and I’m afraid that it will overwhelm my ER as well. I have tiny fingers too. I would love to get a .2 or .25 but I would have to wear it as a RHR or by itself without my ER. I have looked at both WF and IDJ. I just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Jello88

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Bfelix it is so nice to find someone who can relate!! Do you know which vendor you are leaning towards? What does your engagement ring look like?

I already wear an eternity band on my right hand ring finger, but it is much smaller. I think maybe 0.05cts per stone? I’m not sure though because it was a gift. However, I work at a computer all day and it wouldn’t be super comfortable wearing a large eternity band on my right hand when using a mouse. I also want this larger eternity band to be my wedding band...and want it to look good with both my engagement ring and on its own. It’s a hard decision!

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
88D269B5-5CB9-4E33-AC5C-36E1E71D764F.jpeg I would go to a memoire dealer and try on various sizes of band. Then go with whichever vendor you prefer. Personally I have a 1 ctw band and I find it a bit too much beside my engagement ring, and tend to wear my 1/4 carat band instead. My avatar pic has he 1/4 carat band; and here is the 1 carat

Jello88

Rough_Rock
Premium
I already have an eternity band that’s 1ctw that I wear on my right hand :) I tried on eternity bands of different sizes! I think the one with 0.1ct stones look great with my engagement ring, but I LOVE the look of 0.2-0.25ct stone band by itself. The larger one still looks fine with my engagement ring, but I feel like because my hands are small it just looks a little much together.

I’m still not sure if I should go with whiteflash or IDJ. Wondering if whiteflash is worth the higher price!

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
88D269B5-5CB9-4E33-AC5C-36E1E71D764F.jpeg I would go to a memoire dealer and try on various sizes of band. Then go with whichever vendor you prefer. Personally I have a 1 ctw band and I find it a bit too much beside my engagement ring, and tend to wear my 1/4 carat band instead. My avatar pic has he 1/4 carat band; and here is the 1 carat
I love both eternity bands with your ER! They are gorgeous. I love step cuts. I have one coming soon.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Jello88 I have an AVC but I have to get my setting fixed but it is a thin solitaire. I also have an asscher coming soon so I wanted something that could work for both. I’m leaning towards IDJ for my eternity. I think the smaller size diamonds would look better with my ER on my small hand but I love the bigger diamonds. I will be deciding soon. If I don’t like it, IDJ has a wonderful return policy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3B884FDB-846E-47E7-92AA-EDE83EDCC7F2.jpeg WF .10 stone eternity band size 8. I love it!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Jello88 Can you post photos of your engagement ring? That will help with picturing the proportions. :)

Jello88

Rough_Rock
Premium
Sure! Here is my engagement ring. Unfortunately I didn’t take any pics of it with the eternity bands that I tried on

093226C9-7F8C-416F-AB26-DE52BBAA012F.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a daintier band would look best.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_7197.JPG Hi Jello,
You have a stunning ER! Here is my 2.05 ER with my 2ctw, 10 point each eternity band (size 6). I think it overwhelms my ring. Your stone looks to be much larger than mine and it may look beautiful with that size eternity band.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_7199.JPG IMG_7200.JPG I prefer to wear the 10 pointer alone and my ER with a plain band or smaller eternity!

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think a thinner more delicate band of similar style to the band on your Ering would set it off.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there an eternity band that’s made to match the band on your gorgeous e-ring? Because if so, that’s what I’d go with. I’d want to let that beautiful RB shine! :love:

Jello88

Rough_Rock
Premium
I’ve been debating this for the past few days and I’ve decided to go with an eternity band with 0.25ct stones for my wedding band. If it ends up overwhelming my engagement ring, then I can just wear it by itself on days where I don’t want to wear the engagement ring :) The question now is from which vendor... WF’s quote is >60% higher than ID Jewelry, but the stones they use are ACA and higher color/clarity. Is it worth paying for the most premium quality in such small stones? I likely won’t be able to tell the difference...and therefore am leaning towards IDJ. What do you all think? I wish I could order both and compare, but they are nonrefundable!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results