shape
carat
color
clarity

Help us name this forum

Which new name do you prefer for our antique and old cuts forum?

• Antique Diamonds and Jewelry

Votes: 33 39.3%
  • Vintage Jewelry and Diamonds

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Antique Jewelry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vintage Jewelry

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Antique and Vintage Jewelry

Votes: 36 42.9%

• Total voters

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We are thinking about changing the name of this forum, and we would appreciate your input. We'd like to help people find this great section on old cuts and antique jewelry, so please cast your vote. If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Coati ~

How about "Oldies but Goodies" ;))

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I chose the first one because I would want to know this was a place to get information about both "old" cut diamonds and well as antique or vintage jewelry.

:praise:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
lovemybling said:
I chose the first one because I would want to know this was a place to get information about both "old" cut diamonds and well as antique or vintage jewelry.

Ditto, but I went with option #2 because the bulk of what we discuss is vintage not antique (under 100 years old).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LittleGreyKitten said:
lovemybling said:

Ditto, but I went with option #2 because the bulk of what we discuss is vintage not antique (under 100 years old).

That was my thinking too LGK...great minds think alike :sun:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would refer "Antique and Vintage Diamonds", in order to avoid overlap with the Jewelry Pieces forum, which has a lot of interesting, non diamond antiques.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I prefer "Timeless Classics."

It's clever, and descriptive, all at once. Why change it?

And, what about antique or vintage pieces that aren't diamonds?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the goal is to have the forum appear when people do searches on google or are just browing.

Though Vintage is more accurate for the things discussed, I like "Antique diamonds and jewelry" because it is very descriptive even to non-experts and because it is going to allow searches to pop up the forum!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D said:
I think the goal is to have the forum appear when people do searches on google or are just browing.

Yep-that's it.

Thanks for the feedback ladies! We'll be getting to this soon.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think a rename is a good idea, as I've never really been sure what this forum should be about. For example, I think my solitaire engagement ring is a timeless classic, but it's very modern. The name change will state more clearly that the forum is for discussion of antiques and antique-style pieces. I chose the first one because it includes both diamonds and jewelry, leaving people free to discuss both.

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Well I'm a newbie, just signed on a few days ago. IMO, b/c I indeed was looking for a sub forum for vintage jewelry, I believe the word "vintage" somewhere in a heading is a good idea.

Rno

Rough_Rock
I would go for antique instead of vintage. Vintage is one of the most misused terms. It means something of a certain year and does not at all have to be antique or even just old. Last year's wine is vintage: of 2010.
Check it out here.

In correct terms, it would have to say "antique and old diamonds and jewelry" to cover both age ranges and to exclude new.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Coati, a few years ago when I asked for the creation of this sub-forum, I asked for it to be named Vintage and Antique Jewelry largely because I wanted everyone to know where to easily find help for questions on older gems.

At the time, I felt Timesless Classics was too murky, because a brand new Tiff Style solitaire could be considered a 'timeless classic', but it's not an older stone. It took a while for this subsection to take off because people didn't know it was for vintage stones and kept asking OEC qs in the RT board where they were lost.

I'm WHOLLY in favor of changing the name to more accurately reflect the flavor here, and I'm hoping you're more successful with outcome than I was. :wink2:

ETA: Just read jstar's comments, and they are precisely why it's been hard to get more participation here. People don't know what's it's for.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
How about a combo of the Top 2 : Antique Diamonds and Vintage Jewelry :read:

p.s. I LOVE this new forum on antique diamonds!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

BrigetMass

Rough_Rock
I am newbie here but I guess this forum have already a name.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Age is in the eye of the "beholder" Antique Diamonds & Jewelry... I know.. not a choice but it was my first thought...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results