shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!! Two diamonds, which to choose?

See-Bee

Rough_Rock
These are the two options. Same size, color, and price. Both are eye clean. Please help me understand the differences in light performance based on the images.

Option #1 - HCA 1.3 - E,E,E,V

Option #2 - HCA 1.1 - E,E,E,V

Which one should I choose?

1.jpg

2.jpg

1b.jpg

2b.jpg

See-Bee

Rough_Rock
More pictures.

Option #1

Option #2

1c.png

2c.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hearts/ISs/ASETs on both are fine - and strikingly similar, there will no doubt be nuances of performance that differ, and if you had both in-hand you'd likely gravitate toward one over the other - people always do pick favourites, whether for logical reasons or not! But there's nothing in what you've posted that makes me say "this one is better than that one".

What does WF say? If they don't recommend one over the other I'd pick whichever is cheaper and be done with it!

See-Bee

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1312320447|2982572 said:
Hearts/ISs/ASETs on both are fine - and strikingly similar, there will no doubt be nuances of performance that differ, and if you had both in-hand you'd likely gravitate toward one over the other - people always do pick favourites, whether for logical reasons or not! But there's nothing in what you've posted that makes me say "this one is better than that one".

What does WF say? If they don't recommend one over the other I'd pick whichever is cheaper and be done with it!
Well, I haven't seen either in person. WF said they were basically the same, and I could choose either and would be equally happy. Being this is my first purchasing experience, I just want to double check that there wasn't an obvious choice.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See-Bee|1312320782|2982576 said:
Yssie|1312320447|2982572 said:

Well, I haven't seen either in person. WF said they were basically the same, and I could choose either and would be equally happy. Being this is my first purchasing experience, I just want to double check that there wasn't an obvious choice.

Ah.
No.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Are these SI1 clarity stones and how big are they?

If they are SI1 I would look at the clarity plot on the certificate and see which one has inclusions you "prefer" EVEN THOUGH they can be eye clean from 3 - 6 inches (or whatever your definition of eye clean is).

This is really just being super picky if you have to. If these stones are VS2 clarity or above then I would probably just close my eyes and pick one :wink2:

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Are they both eye clean to your standards? The carbon spot near the center of #1, reflected across all the hearts, would bother me if I can see it.

See-Bee

Rough_Rock
thbmok|1312322021|2982593 said:
Are they both eye clean to your standards? The carbon spot near the center of #1, reflected across all the hearts, would bother me if I can see it.
I haven't had a chance to see them in person. The spots that showed up on #1 was the main consideration in choosing #2. I'll still have to see #2 in person before I give it my final approval, but I feel much better about my decision b/c I agree with you. I wouldn't want to see that center spot.

See-Bee

Rough_Rock
OCgirl|1312321543|2982584 said:
Are these SI1 clarity stones and how big are they?

If they are SI1 I would look at the clarity plot on the certificate and see which one has inclusions you "prefer" EVEN THOUGH they can be eye clean from 3 - 6 inches (or whatever your definition of eye clean is).

This is really just being super picky if you have to. If these stones are VS2 clarity or above then I would probably just close my eyes and pick one
I was hesitant to post the information on these stones in case I picked the wrong one. I didn't want to suddenly find the other one off of the market. They are 1.5ct, F, VS2. My lady deserves the best because she is the best! :D

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! #2 is definitely the safer choice considering that these are 1.5+ ct VS2 stones.

FYI I bought a 1.7 ct VS2 with a similar sized (compared with the clarity plot of #1) clear crystal near the center of the stone. I can see it without a loupe, but only if I try really hard with the stone at just the right angle under just the right lights at a distance of 3 - 6 inches. If the crystal isn't clear the stone probably would not be as eye clean.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
thbmok|1312325746|2982644 said:
Congrats! #2 is definitely the safer choice considering that these are 1.5+ ct VS2 stones.

FYI I bought a 1.7 ct VS2 with a similar sized (compared with the clarity plot of #1) clear crystal near the center of the stone. I can see it without a loupe, but only if I try really hard with the stone at just the right angle under just the right lights at a distance of 3 - 6 inches. If the crystal isn't clear the stone probably would not be as eye clean.

I agree with thbmok. Both should be okay if they are VS2 but some people can still see VS2 inclusions with their naked eyes.

1.5 ct F VS2 is PERFECT. Your lady is lucky :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results