shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Trying to decide between 2 Maggie Sotteros and totally overwhlemed!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AlistairsBride

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness - me too (so happy to have a dress twin). I got it in ivory with pewter - you? Are you wearing straps or no?

Thanks for the compliment - do you have any photos of you in it?

Where and when is your wedding? Mine is Sept in Canada.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 12:35:20 PM
Author: AlistairsBride
Oh my goodness - me too (so happy to have a dress twin). I got it in ivory with pewter - you? Are you wearing straps or no?

Thanks for the compliment - do you have any photos of you in it?

Where and when is your wedding? Mine is Sept in Canada.
I also ordered ivory w/pewter, though I tried on the champagne w/pewter. So I haven''t actually seen the ivory in person. Unfortunately, I don''t have any pictures of me in it and won''t until June when it''s supposed to arrive.

I''m actually not sure what I''m going to do with the straps. I probably *will* go with the straps, because in photos I don''t look great in strapless dresses, but I probably won''t decide on that for sure until I try it on again over the summer. Also, I''m considering getting a shrug made out of the same satin as the bow around the dropped waist. So I might do that, too.

Have you thought about what you''re going to do with the train? Did you get any ideas what a possible bustle would be for it, or no?

Our wedding is in October in Chicago.

AlistairsBride

Rough_Rock
The bustle is one of my favourite parts - its a two-parter so the underneath comes up and the lace drops over top (not describing it well... sorry!) the gist of it is that the bustle doesnt look all bunchy and big-butt - its just lacey and delicate. Very pretty. I''m a dancer so I definitely need the bustle to move it!

You will love the ivory I promise (thats what I am wearing). It has this antique feel/look (from teh pewter thread) and its more forgiving and antiquy than white. No regrets there!

Try it both with and without straps - they snap out!

I love the shrug idea! Any idea how much one would cost? Any idea what you are going to do accessory-wise? I think I am buying a birdcage for photos...

I love Chicago by the way - such a fantastic city.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh... I love your description of the bustle, and I''m happy to hear the ivory is what is in the picture... it''s definitely a beautiful color. I thought the champagne was pretty on the hanger, but it washed me out a bit.

No idea on the cost of the shrug... in fact, I need to call the bridal salon to ensure they ordered the material for it. Though I bet you could find something online or in a store, too. I doubt the ivory satin would be hard to match.

I was also thinking a birdcage veil would work. I wear my hair in a fairly short, angled bob, so between the look of my hair and the look of the dress, I just don''t see a traditional veil looking right, you know?

My current thought is that I''ll either do birdcage or just a flower tucked behind one ear, though if I found the right jeweled barrette or comb, I''d do that. My plan is to wait until I see the dress in person and then figure out what feels best.

But just chatting with you about it gets me so excited!!

carolinek11

Rough_Rock
I am so excited to meet other gatsby girls!

I was so uncertain about the dress for a long time because I am usually simple and I did feel it would be too elegant for my venue.
But I just fell in love with it. I kept looking online for something lace and a little simpler but kept coming back to this gown
I looove the detailing on it and ordered it in ivory/pewter.

carolinek11

Rough_Rock
I love the dress! What color dress is that in the photo? It looks ivory in your photo but the beading really stands out so I wasnt sure if it was champagne accents?
looks great on you! I bought the same gown so it gives me the motivation to get my butt into better shape.

carolinek11

Rough_Rock
AlistairsBride , Do you by any chance have a picture of the bustle that you can post or email to me?
That woudl be great!
The seamstress at the store where i purchased my gown said that there were not many ways to bustle due to the train length so any ideas woudl be great. I have been stressed with this detail.

thanks again!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Alistairbride, you do look lovely in Gatsby. I''m glad you get to try them on prior to deciding. I''m so glad you have your wedding dress already. You must be thrilled!! Gatsby looks gorgeous on you.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results