shape
carat
color
clarity

Help to choose a diamond

Thomas74000

Rough_Rock
Hello folks,

I am looking for a diamond around 0.90-0.95cts for an engagement ring, my budget is around 5k$ for the stone.
I am reading a lot of stuff about depth vs table proportion, HCA score, fluorescence... but honestly it's difficult to have his own opinion just based on pictures and with limited knowledge in diamonds so I am asking for your help.
Going through James Allen, I've found those diamonds :

Which one would you recommend among these diamonds ? If you can help me in my choice, it would be very appreciated.

Cheers.
Thomas

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I wouuldn't choose any of these. What color/clarity are you looking for?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, Thomas74000!
I found a couple of beauties for you to look at over at another seller...you can ask James Allen if they can get either, or you can buy and have JA put it in one of their settings if that is your plan for a finished ring.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thomas74000

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the option proposed. I am looking for diamond min color F and clarity VS min.
For my understanding, can you explain me why you shouldn't chose the initial diamond I've mentioned ?

Thanks
Thomas

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the option proposed. I am looking for diamond min color F and clarity VS min.
For my understanding, can you explain me why you shouldn't chose the initial diamond I've mentioned ?

Thanks
Thomas

Have you seen an F versus G/H in person? In less than 1ct it will not be noticeably more "yellow" to most people. The original stokes you posted weren't well cut

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks
Thomas

Hi Thomas. There are specific angles that you want in a well cut stone. I’m at my phone and am going off the top of my head, but generally:
Crown angle 34-35
Pavilion angle 40.6-40.8

Table and depth also have desired numbers. If you scroll through the threads, you’ll see the stats pop up.

Your first recommendations show signs of poor cut, especially in the center. There’s a general lack of symmetry and some dimness under the table on the third. As you see more and more well cut stones, your eyes will adjust. Good luck!

Susan5

Rough_Rock
I hope I’m not barging in, this is the first time on this site. I apologize if I am.
I am also looking at purchasing a diamond but as an investment mainly. I have found three diamonds I think are good deals but would really appreciate an honest opinion from someone who knows. These are the diamonds I am looking at:

Thanks for all your help!!
Susan

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would never buy a diamond for an investment. The market is hard to predict for many reasons and you could see diminished returns on the investment. You will seldom, if ever, recoup all of your money. If you have money to invest, talk to a financial adviser about your options.

If you are buying a diamond for your enjoyment, that is fabulous but I would never see it as an investment.

Susan5

Rough_Rock
I would never buy a diamond for an investment. The market is hard to predict for many reasons and you could see diminished returns on the investment. You will seldom, if ever, recoup all of your money. If you have money to invest, talk to a financial adviser about your options.

If you are buying a diamond for your enjoyment, that is fabulous but I would never see it as an investment.

Thanks!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Buy diamonds for your own enjoyment at prices you deem reasonable. If it holds up in value, treat that as a bonus to the joy that you got out of it.

Susan5

Rough_Rock
Buy diamonds for your own enjoyment at prices you deem reasonable. If it holds up in value, treat that as a bonus to the joy that you got out of it.

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results