shape
carat
color
clarity

Help to choose 3-4ct diamond

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
HI, after a lot of help, and I learnt a few things from @DejaWiz and @Kim N which, thankfully, as I had more time to see the diamond avoided what was now a bad purchase.
So, I start again. I have looked around and have found these, so looking for some input. They are between 3-4ct, and most are Hearts and arrows according to the certs. So it's what's between them to help decide. Cost is a factor, but these would all fall within the budget for me. All above 3ct and over the 9.3mm for measurements

3ct range

4ct

Thanks!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, DiamondBaby.

Here are the videos for your list:

3ct range

4ct range

The 3 65 appears to have pretty clean CVD material.
Either 3.21 looks good...I like 5778 a bit more.
The 4.00 looks to have potential, but I'd love to see an ASET scope image.
The others not specifically called out I would cross of my list, if it were me shopping.
Are these diamonds at a local jeweler or are you looking at online retailers?

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Hello, DiamondBaby.

Here are the videos for your list:

3ct range

4ct range

The 3 65 appears to have pretty clean CVD material.
Either 3.21 looks good...I like 5778 a bit more.
The 4.00 looks to have potential, but I'd love to see an ASET scope image.
The others not specifically called out I would cross of my list, if it were me shopping.
Are these diamonds at a local jeweler or are you looking at online retailers?

Thanks for the videos, I had seen some on the site, it’s an online Irish retailer, so I think like you said an online inventory like many of the others, so not in stock. There is a Jeweller they deal with who can source the stones, but he said the same. Most places are pulling from an online inventory.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the videos, I had seen some on the site, it’s an online Irish retailer, so I think like you said an online inventory like many of the others, so not in stock. There is a Jeweller they deal with who can source the stones, but he said the same. Most places are pulling from an online inventory.

If you don't mind sharing your USD budget (not including any VAT/taxes/fees), then I'd be happy to search and see if there are any other options that you can add to your list, if they also happen to be listed on their site. There may be a possibility of them price matching the pre-VAT pricing, if the difference is significant enough for you to try and pursue.
I'm seeing around USD $8850 at the highest price amongst these eight options... comparable to your jeweler's pricing (pre-VAT)?

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
If you don't mind sharing your USD budget (not including any VAT/taxes/fees), then I'd be happy to search and see if there are any other options that you can add to your list, if they also happen to be listed on their site. There may be a possibility of them price matching the pre-VAT pricing, if the difference is significant enough for you to try and pursue.

For Diamond and setting it would be $10000 incl everything. That 4ct is just over $6500.
For a Diamond from the US in the $10000 mark there is €3000 in tax and duty on top of that. So preferable if it’s a european (EU) retailer, and not UK based either, as same tax and duty applies. So even though the likes of James Allen price in Euro, it’s shipped from the US so tax applies.
It’s diamondsfactory.ie that those diamonds were from.
It’s a D colour I am after. The Jeweller I was dealing with suggested D VS1, and XXX cut. Hearts and arrows.
Thanks!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
For Diamond and setting it would be $10000 incl everything. That 4ct is just over $6500.
For a Diamond from the US in the $10000 mark there is €3000 in tax and duty on top of that. So preferable if it’s a european (EU) retailer, and not UK based either, as same tax and duty applies. So even though the likes of James Allen price in Euro, it’s shipped from the US so tax applies.
It’s diamondsfactory.ie that those diamonds were from.
It’s a D colour I am after. The Jeweller I was dealing with suggested D VS1, and XXX cut. Hearts and arrows.
Thanks!

Adding some others for you to search for.

Nice 16% crown height, but optics assessment might be nice due to slightly steeper crown angle:
LG588358496

Are you open to E, maybe F color VS1+ as long as the material is clean and higher quality, or are you wanting to limit to D color?
If understand if you want/need D grade, because my wife is extremely color sensitive when it comes to diamonds.

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Adding some others for you to search for.

Nice 16% crown height, but optics assessment might be nice due to slightly steeper crown angle:
LG588358496

Are you open to E, maybe F color VS1+ as long as the material is clean and higher quality, or are you wanting to limit to D color?
If understand if you want/need D grade, because my wife is extremely color sensitive when it comes to diamonds.

It’s a D, even with the othe Diamond yesterday that I didn’t pick, and better E’s, I could see the difference between the D and the E. My own engagement ring, while now set differently is an F, and much and all as I love it, in certain lights I really see the colour in it.
So this time I’m going for a D, as I want that lack of colour. There are some really lovely lower colours, but while I can admire them, it would drive me nuts wearing it all the time

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It’s a D, even with the othe Diamond yesterday that I didn’t pick, and better E’s, I could see the difference between the D and the E. My own engagement ring, while now set differently is an F, and much and all as I love it, in certain lights I really see the colour in it.
So this time I’m going for a D, as I want that lack of colour. There are some really lovely lower colours, but while I can admire them, it would drive me nuts wearing it all the time

I understand that by a factor of 100% :lol:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock

How about this one

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

How about this one

Looks pretty darn good to me in the video.
Kim N what do you see... anything concerning with this CVD diamond?

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Looks pretty darn good to me in the video.
Kim N what do you see... anything concerning with this CVD diamond?

Sounds good! The 4ct that you had liked is gone, so I have been looking. The video I saw I looks good. There is some black carbon in it, but it appears to be deep in the base, not visible from top down view. Unless I am missing something. Have t seen a loupe video though.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I've got a link to a 4ct D SI1 clean HPHT with Hearts and Arrows designation on the grading report...no dark inclusions and no inclusions under the table. $4400!
Let me know when your active on the forum and I'll post it so you can pounce (place a hold/reserve on it).

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
I've got a link to a 4ct D SI1 clean HPHT with Hearts and Arrows designation on the grading report...no dark inclusions and no inclusions under the table. $4400!
Let me know when your active on the forum and I'll post it so you can pounce (place a hold/reserve on it).

I’m here, but if it’s shipping from the US there is a huge tax/duty add on. That can add a lot on, just over 30% usually. The 4.21 is under €6500.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I’m here, but if it’s shipping from the US there is a huge tax/duty add on. That can add a lot on, just over 30% usually. The 4.21 is under €6500.

Check with your local sellers to see if they'll at least price match the pre-VAT price, if needed.

Video:

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Just had a look, if you look from the top down view on the centre of the table, heading to 10/11 o clock what’s the white thread I can see in it?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Just had a look, if you look from the top down view on the centre of the table, heading to 10/11 o clock what’s the white thread I can see in it?

That's a growth remnant inclusion... similar to what's in the crown at the 4 o'clock position and down in the pavilion area of this awesome and completely eye-clean 3 carat that breanne snagged.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
That's a growth remnant inclusion... similar to what's in the crown at the 4 o'clock position and down in the pavilion area of this awesome and completely eye-clean 3 carat that breanne snagged.

On my hand set, and in the wax mold. I was trying to get all the arrows to show. As you can see, absolutely eye clean.

Attachments

• IMG_2190.jpeg
    IMG_2190.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1813.jpeg
    IMG_1813.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1795.png
    IMG_1795.png
    660.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic pictures, breanne - thank you for posting them

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
On my hand set, and in the wax mold. I was trying to get all the arrows to show. As you can see, absolutely eye clean.

Breanne that is absolutely stunning! What size is the ring? I’m looking at a similar setting for mine?

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
So I did it! Diamond was optioned today, and final purchase will go through tomorrow. Should be with the jeweller middle to end of next week. Now to think about the setting for it. Will be full platinum band and setting, so next lot of decisions to be made now.

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
So I did it! Diamond was optioned today, and final purchase will go through tomorrow. Should be with the jeweller middle to end of next week. Now to think about the setting for it. Will be full platinum band and setting, so next lot of decisions to be made now.

Hi DiamondBaby, I’m in Ireland too. Just wondering what retailer you ordered your diamond from and what jeweller is setting your ring? I plan the same as you - a big 4ct RB in a Tiffany setting.

Thanks!

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Hi, sorry, totally missed this. It was an independent Jeweller in Dublin, Diamonds by Design who made it. He sourced the Diamond also. He has been brilliant to deal with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results