shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Tiffany Soleste vs HW Micropave vs Birks Amorique Pave

Deer-in-headlights

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I’m new to the engagement ring selection process, and I need your advice in choosing the right ring for my future fiancée. I feel like I’m a deer in the headlights when deciding on a ring. I should know better because we’ve been together for 7 years. She did mention a few years back that she liked the style of the Birks Amorique Pave, and would be open to getting something closer to that style if we were ever to get engaged.

My carat size range will be 1-1.3. I obviously want the ring to sparkle, but I’m not opposed to simplicity. I heard that the Soleste may be too ‘busy’. I don’t have any idea what looks good, and how it will look good on someone. Regardless, I know she will like either ring I choose for her.

I wanted to get your opinion and tally up the polls on what women/men think about each ring.

Here are my options:

Tiffany Soleste - http://www.tiffany.com/engagement/rings/tiffany-soleste
Birks Amorique Pave - http://www.maisonbirks.com/en/birks-amorique-pave-canadian-diamond-engagement-ring-2834
Harry Winston Micropave - http://www.harrywinston.com/en/one-cushion-cut-diamond-micropav%C3%A9-engagement-ring.html

Here are a few things to know about my girlfriend: Age 33, she’s very kind, very beautiful (inside and out), a girls-girl, great sense of humour, appreciates the finer things in life, very modest at heart, and I know she likes her material things because of her shoe and purse collections (LV, Chanel, Manolo, Jimmy C, etc).

Thanks in advance for you your help!

- Deer-in-headlights (DIH)

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Re: HELP! Tiffany Soleste vs HW Micropave vs Birks Amorique

I personally love the HW. The Birks doesn't look special to me at all, I don't like the outer bezel appearance around the halo. The Tiffany is great if shes a BLING BLING BLING outlandish more-sparkles-the-merrier type. 1.2 + double halo is a lot of ring. If shes more understated, the HW is the way to go.

Deer-in-headlights

Rough_Rock

I agree with you on all fronts! Thanks @allthingssparkling.

I really like the HW ring. And thanks for helping me pinpoint what the concern I had with the Amorique. Personal preference, I also do not like the bezel around the halo.

She does like the bling effect :). My one concern about the Soleste is, doesn't it look too cocktail'ish?

Thanks again.

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium

If shes into the bling then the Tiffany is a great choice... it is really divine in person and so finely made, so very crazy sparkly! My one concern would be if the double halo would date eventually, as it is a very trendy NOW style. It is a bit cocktailish... but would still definitely read like an engagement ring, theres no mistaking that. If she wants really sparkly and special... and would enjoy a few WOWS and attention... the soleste is it. There are lots of imitations but none are executed so finely IMO.

Im a solitaire lady (I have the Tiffany Setting) so that would explain why I personally would be into the HW single over the double.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can I make a suggestion? You said it was a few years back that she expressed an interest in the halo. Should you check back and see if that is still what she would prefer? You're looking at designer settings and that will cost you quite a bit. Are you sure she wouldn't prefer you spending the bulk of that money on the center diamond rather than the setting? So she likes her designer goodies. Well, maybe she would prefer a bigger center rock? There are some Vendors that cut the most amazing stones that would knock her socks off. Just saying...

Approximately how much is your budget, all in?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If she specifically mentioned the birk one, I'd get one similar to the Birks one. I specifically like that type of pave (bright set) and would think if she pointed that out specifically, I'd try and stick to something bright set.

To save money and still get a high quality setting I'd get the vatche version and spebd my money on a high quality larger diamond. Unless she's a brand person, I wouldn't spend my money on a name. I get wanting material things, but on the hand what people will notice is the diamond size, not if you bought it from Birks.

Deer-in-headlights

Rough_Rock

The Solitaire is a beautiful cut!

You hit the nail on the head @allthingssparkling... thanks for reassuring that the Soleste will still read like an engagement ring. And you're also right when you say that it may be dated (eventually) because of the double halo. HW is a beauty and will always maintain it's classic, yet exuberant style.

Deer-in-headlights

Rough_Rock

@LLJsmom - thanks for your suggestions and for taking all things into consideration

By no means am I only considering the designer rings. The purpose of this exercise is mainly to get ppl's opinion on which style of ring you would prefer. I will likely go custom via a vendor. And you're absolutely right... I have some room to play with if I go custom, as my budget is 15-20K. To be frankly honest, with the ideal ring that I want (i.e. good quality cut, carat, colour), I probably won't get with the designer price tag. Bottom line... I definitely have room to play with (if I go custom).

Deer-in-headlights

Rough_Rock

@Niel- thanks for the input! Yes, she's a brand name person, but I don't think she will care if it's designer. I will likely go custom, and put most of my energy around deciding carat size and cut.

You're right- the logical thing to do is to stick with what she had initial interests in (i.e. the Amorique). As what @LLJsmom mentioned, what she wanted before, may not be what she want now.

I looking into creative ways in finding out what she wants NOW. Open to any suggestions.

Deer-in-headlights

Rough_Rock

@diamondseeker 2006 - thank you!

Victor Canera is definitely an option. I just checked out their site, and I really like his version of the HW.

So far... here are the voting polls:

+2 HW Micropave
+1 Birks Amorique

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I vote Victor also. Do a search here on his rings and you'll be blown away!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My vote is Victor too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I vote HW - done by Victor so I guess it's more of a VC instead of HW.

The tiffany is a bit much for me for an engagement ring (the 2 halos...may work for you though).
Dont like the square outline of the Birks.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/

Just one example of a perfectly executed halo by Victor.

Halo comparison

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...my-victor-canera-sk-leon-ring-setting.166496/

Thread of his settings

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-your-victor-canera-beauties-here.175281/

His precision cut round brilliants are competitively priced as well, and you get a slight discount on setting if you get stone and setting with him. Check it out. He also has an upgrade policy. If I could start over I would go with him.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Victor Canera's halo LLJsmom posted is beautiful. I also worry about the double halo looking dated. I would try to find out what she wants. If she knows what she wants, please get her exactly what she wants. At the end of the day hers is the only opinion that matters.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results