shape
carat
color
clarity

[HELP] Tiffany & Co Etoile Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qoom

Rough_Rock
Please help, I am from Singapore and hoping to propose my love one with a Tiffany & co engagement ring. I went to the T&Co last weekends and they quoted me a Etoile engagement ring at approximately USD 2000. It is in this quality:-
- 0.27 Carat
- Color - I
- Clarity - VS1

I know, I know.. the T&Co diamond rings are (always) 3X of the price comparing to the local(Singapore) diamond engagement rings but I think it is worthwhile to see her smile when I slip her the blue box.

My question; Can anyone out there please tell me how much it(Tiffany & Co.) cost in your country with same same brand/grade as mentioned?
5.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We don't know for sure, but we would venture to say that Tiffany prices will be the same across the globe to maintain the integrity of their name via price...

flowerpower

Rough_Rock
Qoom:

Don't do it! For USD714, you can get a beautiful 0.28carat F VS1 diamond from superbcert. Bet there are other great deals with the other internet vendors here too. And many of them ship to Singapore!
tongue.gif

I know she'd love the blue box, but maybe she might love a bigger diamond even more??
2.gif

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Tiffany Etoile rings are very beautiful! I have seen them replicated on various websites and on eBay for around $600-900 US dollars vs Tiffany's $2k. But you are paying for the brand name. This is not just a solitaire, you are also buying the design. Good luck!
1.gif

optimized

Shiny_Rock
flowerpower,

I feel obliged to respectfully post a counterpoint to your comments. If qoom wants to buy Tiffany, I think he should buy Tiffany. There's nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes I think spending a lot of time here on Pricescope tends to make us all a bit too quick to take the "get the best bargain no matter what" position while losing sight of the fact that branding is a real and valid concern to a lot of folks. While there are certainly ways to make the money stretch further, there is definitely a certain amount of cachet to be enjoyed by brandishing that little blue box. They have higher resale values than other (otherwise comparable) pieces for just that reason.

Anyway, I totally understand where you're coming from, but I also respect the idea of brands being worth paying for if the consumer believes it's worth it. I wear Levi's because I like the brand. They cost more than other jeans that very well might be of similar quality (and cost less), but I just like my 505s...
1.gif

-Tim

flowerpower

Rough_Rock
Hey Tim

Definitely, point taken! Anything is worth paying for if the purchaser believes it's worth it. And there is definitely nothing wrong with buying a Tiffany ring. They have gorgeous stuff. Just wanted to provide another perspective for Qoom, is all.

You see - where we are in Singapore, you sometimes don't see many choices. There's a lot of good stuff here (e.g. Tiffany, Lazare, HOF, etc) but it's terribly pricey. And the not-so-pricey stuff is often really really bad. So branding becomes important because in a way, it's a sure-fire way of knowing that the diamond you finally get your hands on is a good one. And not many people here realise how easy it is to buy something from the internet - this way you get the branding (e.g. Superbcert, ACA, etc) without the high price.

Of course, you're totally spot-on in saying that if someone wants to pay for the Tiffany piece, for a reason other than the reassurance that he is getting a good diamond/ring, he has every right to do so. As you very validly noted, some people just like the cachet of the blue box. So, definitely, if you like your Tiffany (or Levis!) you should buy it. But one should also consider the multitude of other factors involved and decide whether the particular brand is really worth getting. So much of the value of branding is wrapped up in the guarantee of quality - in light of the fact that quality can be had sans the brand and the corresponding high prices, maybe it's time we, as consumers, re-examine (at least in the context of the diamond industry) how important the particular brand truly is?

That said, a friend was recently oohing and aahing over her co-worker's Tiffany ring, so hey, there's definitely the yummy brag factor to think about as well!!
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say that Etoile designes are REALLY beautiful... If she wants Tiffany, then buy her the real thing! You'll make her happy!

BTW, Tim made some very good points... I love D&G clothes... Surely they arent inexpensive, but I love the brand and I think they're worth their price... Same thing, IMO, applies to T&Co...
1.gif

flowerpower

Rough_Rock
I agree with what Giangi says too - I guess at the end of the day, it's what's most important to you which counts: it might be one of the usual 4 Cs, it might be cost, OR it might be a particular brand. Qoom - if you think that the T&C packaging is going to send her over the moon, then get it for sure...but if the reason you're considering T&C is because you want some measure of quality assurance or peace of mind, then PS is a wonderful place to find out more. The retailers here are all really helpful and friendly.

I know in Singapore, it can be hard getting a good deal in the B&M shops...it's a sad fact, but the vast majority of the sales people haven't been given the necessary levels of training to lead customers to an educated decision...that's why I decided to buy online, where you'll find out everything you want to know about any particular diamond through scans, photos, simulations, etc, and you can make a more informed choice.

Don't know if you guys have noticed the other T&C thread at:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-co-rings.5641/

I find myself aligned with the views expressed there.
wavey.gif

flowerpower

Rough_Rock
Sorry...posted twice by mistake.
confused.gif
twirl.gif
sick.gif

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
I was at the Tiffany's in Rome and Paris...The prices were more expensive then the stores here in the states.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I didn't even know Tiffany had stores worldwide. To add to my other post, the imitation Etoiles I have seen do not compare to the real ring...one of my girlfriends has one. The quality difference is obvious. Since this is a design piece vs. a regular 3x marked up solitaire, I consider it differently. Since you will be hard pressed to find this ring and quality elsewhere, it makes sense to pay a little more for the brand and have the real piece. But there are imitations out there should you care to check them out!
1.gif

Giangi..D&G? You are such an italian!!!
9.gif
Bet you guys get things cheaper over there than we do here in the marked up US! I need to take a trip...

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Mara... Yes I am
9.gif
! Last Xmas I was in NYC and Prada shoes were 2.5 more than here... Go figure... What a bargain
9.gif
!!!!! I guess D&G has about the same mark up... Why don't you come here for a sunny holiday??
1.gif
But keep in mind that here a 1ct H VS costs AT LEAST 8-11K!!!!!!!!!!! Almost as much as a Tiffany stone!!!!!
BTW, Tiffany is more expensive in Italy than in NYC...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giangi you said the magic word..PRADA!!!! I am dying to go to Italy and stock up for 1/2 the price! I am very jealous. I have heard great tales of shopping in Italy (I guess there is also a book called Born To Shop about shopping deals overseas)...hopefully we will get over to visit soon. I found a store in NJ on our last visit that sells D&G, Gucci, DK, BCBG, Juicy, Seven, Earl etc for 75% off. Amazing deals. The real stuff, from dept stores last season merch, like Bloomies, Nordies, Saks, yum!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Ah ah ah ah ah Mara!!!!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
. So Prada is your magic word??!!! Well, about the shopping, you're right... Here the prices are sooooo low compared to US's...
What about jewels?? Do you like Italian jewels and jewelers??

Hongerhond

Rough_Rock
I have come to the realization that sometimes it is a good thing to be ignorant. I grew up in South Africa, where Tiffany's is not very well known and thus nobody gets exited about it. The little blue box truly means NOTHING to me, and in a way I that makes me feel free. I'm not handicapped by the belief that Tiffany's is the ultimate in jewellery. I am grateful for that. Sure, as far as many other products are concerned, I definitely have been influenced. I really want that darn Mercedes, even thought a Toyota will get me there...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
G--what kind of question is that? Of COURSE I like jewels...I'm a woman!
1.gif
Italian or American...I like em all.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Mara... You're such a clever girl!
1.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

qoom

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks all for the reply. T&Co Etoile ring is definitely my choice.
9.gif
. None had answered my question though , my quesion is "How much do I have to pay for a T&Co Etoile ring (the same grade I mentioned) in your country?"

PS: Prada rules..

qoom

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks all for the reply. T&Co Etoile ring is definitely my choice.
9.gif
. None had answered my question though , my quesion is "How much do I have to pay for a T&Co Etoile ring (the same grade I mentioned) in your country?"

PS: Prada rules..

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Band ring from the ETOILE Collection. Platinum, 10 round brilliant diamonds, .23 carat total weight, color grade F-G, clarity grade VVS-VS, bezel-set.
£1,200

Taken from the Tiffany Website United Kingdom section.
---------
Friday, March 28, 2003

1,200 British Pound = 1,878.72 US Dollar

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can visit Tiffany's website to find out pricing in different countries.
www.tiffany.com

In US
http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item.asp?CategoryId=14&c_id=WEB1&c_it=67E1&start_id=1&

Eoile Ring: $1500 for .23c F-G VVS-VS quality in platinum. In 18k gold it is $1150, same quality and ctw

Personally I was surprised to see you say that in Singapore Tiffany sells 'I' colored stones. In the US I don't know if they go that low? Most of their stuff is colorless (D-F) from what I have seen/heard?

flowerpower

Rough_Rock
Hey Mara

According to Tiffany's 'How to Buy a Diamond' guide which I got from a shop in Singapore, I is the lowest colour they sell. VS2 is the lowest clarity. However, I think the guide also states that they often reject VS2 stones if the inclusions are large or dark.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very interesting!! Also interesting how the Singapore Etoile ctw is slightly different than US?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, is it an Etoile solitaire (a thick semi bezel band) or an Etoile band (with many small diamonds)??

qoom

Rough_Rock
Hi Giangi,

The one I'm interested is an Etoile solitaire (a thick semi bezel band).

5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't even know there was a solitaire etoile!
2.gif
See what I know!

BTW Giangi, I am proud to report I just was the winning bidder on eBay for 2 Prada tops....
9.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI,
I could've sworn I just saw an auction on Ebay for a Tiffany & Co. Etoile solitaire ring, in platinum with an F color VVS or VS clarity diamond that was .30 carat weight.
I will do a search right now and see if I can post it on this thread.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2625440767&category=15182

I made a mistake, it is H color and 0.37 carats. The startin bid is $950.

gemsource

Rough_Rock
i have a tiffany ring box ill give you
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

gemsource

Rough_Rock
i have a tiffany ring box ill give you
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results