shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!!! this is my third ring in 2 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jsali

Rough_Rock
Yes, I am looking for my third ring in less than 2 yrs. Here''s the thing. I currently have a really thin white gold engagement ring with a 1.21 princess cut center stone. Then I have two, one on each side, simon g micro pave eternity bands. I love the eternity bands, what I don''t like is that the two rings don''t sit flush and my engagement ring is solid. So I happened to stumble across the ritani site and fell in love with there endless love collection. I went to see it at and found something else I liked, a ring by a. jaffe. Then there''s the michael b collection I found but haven''t seen in person. What sucks is the place I looked at the ritani and found the a. jaffe won''t let me trade in my current bands. Im going crazy trying to find that perfect ring and a good place to buy it at. I''ve already had two bad experiences with jewelry stores. Any ideas? Sorry it''s so long it''s my first time on here and I''m excited about hopefully getting some help. I''ve already read lot''s of great info.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there! I think what you're asking is for help finding sets where the e-ring and w-rings sit flush--right? If so, check out some ideas at Facets: link. I'm not sure if they will take your current settings in trade though. Also, check out Pearlmans link. I know that Bill takes items in trade, and he has a GREAT selection of designers.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d second Pearlman''s! But I think he takes items on consignment, not trade. See the great deals section with the previously owned items.

jsali

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help. I''ve heard the name pearlman a lot on here but I have never heard about it before. Makes me nervous buying online though.

jsali

Rough_Rock
I love this ring but I like it without the matching band. It kinda looks like two. Any opinions. My mother thinks it''s weird to only have one but whats the difference if people sauder them together.

MES017.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 10:09:27 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I'd second Pearlman's! But I think he takes items on consignment, not trade. See the great deals section with the previously owned items.

Unless they've changed their policy they do take items on trade. i will third contacting Pearlmans. They are awesome and carry such a large selection of designer settings it would be easy to find something flush fitting and that you love.

ETA: just double checked Pearlmans website and yes, they will take items on trade..

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/information/jewelry-closeout-and-consignment/

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 10:22:40 PM
Author: jsali
I love this ring but I like it without the matching band. It kinda looks like two. Any opinions. My mother thinks it''s weird to only have one but whats the difference if people sauder them together.

I think you should get and wear whatever you love since you''re the one looking at it 24/7. definitely the split shand on that ring could easily be worn solo as a stand alone.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the split shank look very much & think wearing one ring would be swell! The prongs on that Jaffe look a little Micky Mouse ear-like to me though ... there are other split shank designs with less prominent prongs .. or maybe they could shave those down .. or maybe you like it as is! Just my opinion!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 10:22:40 PM
Author: jsali
I''ve admired this ring for ages, it''s gorgeous! I have a split shank engagement ring as well. I love it, it''s so unique. I get compliments on it all the time. I too am not going to wear a band with my e-ring. Instead, I will wear a five stone ring on my other hand. I think you would be fine without a wedding band as long as you are ok with people asking you whether you are married or engaged. Every now and then I get someone who asks me that.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 10:44:13 PM
Author: decodelighted
I like the split shank look very much & think wearing one ring would be swell! The prongs on that Jaffe look a little Micky Mouse ear-like to me though ... there are other split shank designs with less prominent prongs .. or maybe they could shave those down .. or maybe you like it as is! Just my opinion!

deco, I agree the prongs are huge and round on the a jaffe ring. I thought it might be the picture but here it is from pearlmans and they still look large. I would think a jaffe could thin them out though, definitely something to ask about...

06II13.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Gumuchian is also very pretty and the prongs look less prominent.

GF40.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or here is one of my very favorite split shank designs for a round.

tiffany split.JPG

jsali

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for all of your help. I finally found the one I have been looking for. I''m sure you have all seen it. It is diamond_girl''s ring she had made by James Allen. I''m trying to get in contact with him and see about some details. I am just soooo hoping he will still make it. It doesn''t say anything about custom rings on his site. I have to have that one. I just love it. If you haven''t seen it you got to check it out. It gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results