shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! The Proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoovillemd

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,
I am looking into planning a trip in March 2003 to the caribbean for a week with my girlfriend, of course this is ware I will propose. I need some insight on a realy nice all-inclusive resort that would pamper our every need. I have about $4000 to $5000 to spent on the hole trip. Thats inclusing air fare. So if anyone knows of a romantic island and/or resort please let me know.

Thanks,
Matt Dabney

Googleman

Rough_Rock
Matt:

Does Apple Vacations or Funjet Vacations service the area where you live? I have found these vacations to be good deals for all-inclusive packages. Plus, it is easy! You should def. be able to do something all-inclusive and fabulous within that budget. Their packages can include airfare, transportation to your hotel, hotel accomodations and if you pick an all-inclusive resort, obviously your food, drinks and some activities. Some resorts are more "all-inclusive" than others with respect to activities included. If you go to the Funjet and Apple websites, you can see pictures of the resorts, what's included etc. You have a good budget so you should def. be able to find something, although I think prices will tend to be a little higher in March because this is the prime-time spring break season than if you went in April.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also check out the Sandals resorts, they have them all over, they are all-inclusive couples-only resorts. I think it might be www.sandals.com, but they can be pricey...not sure how much though.

Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and here is a suggestion since you can't find the ring box you want.. since you will be in the tropics, what about using something like a banana leaf or similar for the ring to be presented? Find a local person who can make a box or similar shapes out of tying/pulling the banana leaf into different shapes. Then add a string or similar that your girlfriend can pull to expose the ring. This would be very cool..and personally I think much more fun than a regular ring box, esp if you will be on a tropical vacation. Very much in the moment. Banana leafs are large and can be very strong. Add raffia or something on the inside to pad it. Anyway just an idea!

hoovillemd

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your great ideas. I am so exited about march. I will keep everyone up to date on how everything is going. Happy holidays.

Thanks,
Matt Dabney

hoovillemd

Rough_Rock
I have been looking into the Maya Riviera, Mexico and it looks like there are some great places, but I am not sure. The other option I thought about is taking a cruise. If anyone has any input that could help that would be great.

Thanks,
Matt Dabney

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
I would go with your cruise idea. Cruises are a really relaxing way to travel since all of your meals, entertainment and lodging are taken care of for you. With the amount of money that you are willing to spend, you could get a really nice room on a good ship. Most of them have spas/beauty salons onboard, so you could pamper her that way too. I think that she would have lots of fun sharing her news of the engagement and showing her ring off to the other passengers. If you wanted to do a public proposal, you could probably talk to the cruise director and set something up. How exciting, your girlfriend is lucky that you are putting so much thought into the proposal. Best of Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results