shape
carat
color
clarity

Help should I buy this Ruby Ring?

Aussiewen

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone
I’ve been trying to look for a Ruby at an affordable price for quite sometime and I find they are hardest to find.
I came across this one as pictured below
3.32 Carat but it has been heat treated but no lead filling etc. 259A224A-3046-4891-9555-E89E6F329723.jpeg BEE95447-0562-4B0B-A5D7-396EF1382C6C.jpeg
I can get it for $2500
Do you think this is a reasonable price. It’s in 18ct Gold and 1.5 carat of diamonds FVS
Thanks
Wen 7A4AE021-99FC-4129-AEBB-30BC0B8E3202.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the color representative ? If so I’d pass

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The center stone is just okay. 2500 not bad for the setting.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Not my personal taste as to color and clarity, I vote no...I would look for a smaller stone but better quality...

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I'll echo what others have said which is that in pictures the ruby is lack luster & isn't visually appealing at all so much so that the ring brings my eyes immediately to the setting, which I personally love. The setting is unique & gives a nice presence on the hand.

Since the ruby is common, I would only consider this price for the setting which if they're all natural diamonds seems pretty fair.

Since you asked I gave my opinion but in the end it only matters if you
love the stone! I hope you find the one that gives you butterflies!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately with Rubies unless they come with a reputable lab report you don’t know the extent of treatments. Because rubies are so desirable and expensive, people will do all sorts of things to improve the saleability of them.
The setting is very nice but the ruby, even if not highly treated, seems very dark and not glowy. You need to see it in natural light outside to get a better appreciation of colour.
If that’s the colour and tone you like, why not.
Im of the opinion though that unless you are prepared to pay big big dollars for a good ruby, you may as well buy a quality lab created ruby. That way you get the look and durability of a top natural ruby but at a fraction of the price.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ruby is a bit too dark for most tastes but the price is fair is you consider the setting. I think the real issue is do you love it? If you do then keep it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so hard to answer these kinds of posts because we all know how hard it is to take good photos of colored gems.

does your heart sing when it sees this stone?

to me, yes it’s a bit dark, but it’s not glowy or glinting in a way that makes me think it’s a special stone I’d like to have.

HOWEVER! I am not seeing it in person. Does the stone capture you and even mesmerize you?

Aussiewen

Shiny_Rock
I think the photos don’t do it justice. I think I need to go back and take more photos. It was a dark room I took these pics
thanks everyone

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the photos don’t do it justice. I think I need to go back and take more photos. It was a dark room I took these pics
thanks everyone

Your eyes are better than our opinions when looking at photos.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, that's better! Does it sparkle? If it sings to you, then either have them get a cert or put in writing that you will get one and if it's more than heated you can return it.

Sydneyphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Get it! The setting alone is worth that much.

I'm not sure if the report is from a reputable lab but I think the stone is very pretty and at that price you'd be fine even if the stone was worthless because the setting is fabulous.

GSL is the best lab in Australia, perhaps not the same league as AGL, GIA, GRS etc but certainly legitimate and commonly used here.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s pretty and I really love the setting!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I think is worth it. Congrats!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
See how easy it is to buy a ring with all of cheering and enabling you!!!! It's very pretty - so glad you shared the sunny pics! :kiss2: For some reason, the diamonds looks teensy in the earlier pic, but I have to agree with the others that the setting alone is worth the price. Congratulations!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you scored a bargain!!!! Haha I was tempted to ask you where you found it and trek out to buy it myself, if it was in NSW and you were passing up on it :lol:

Congratulations!!!!! It's gorgeous!!!!:kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock

It looked a bit purplish to me, and the $2500 seemed high to me for just the setting, but I just realized you're likely talking about AUD, so it's more like $1960, which would seem a good deal.

I hope you love it, since you decided to buy it!

Sydneyphoenix

Shiny_Rock
I think you scored a bargain!!!! Haha I was tempted to ask you where you found it and trek out to buy it myself, if it was in NSW and you were passing up on it :lol:

NSW is a large place, what if it’s in Cobar or Ballina?! Where do you guys lurk, I go between Hornsby and Gosford.

Aussiewen

Shiny_Rock

Thank you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results