shape
carat
color
clarity

help!!! should I buy a 8.1mm diamond (2ct)

ludmila.k

Shiny_Rock
hi,
I need advice that ring:

platinum setting
diamond: 8.1mm X 3.6mm
color: H to K
clarity: ? maybe Si2 (inclusions invisible to naked eye)
Price: very low but I need an estimation from your opinion

I believe the diamond is not well cut, the table is big, etc... the last pic is with the sunlight!

Please tell me your opinion!
THANK YOU

p1040884.jpg

p1040882.jpg

p1040874.jpg

p1040869.jpg

ludmila.k

Shiny_Rock
oops I don't upload the good pic, the latest pic is not the good one!!!!
I add the good one with the sunlight on the diamond (it looks more grey with the sun)

sorry for my bad english 8)

p1040863.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. No. You should not buy that diamond. It is really a poorly cut and sad little thing :blackeye: For me, not matter the price, not worth it. Maybe I would pay $500 if I wanted the setting for something else.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1343322697|3240583 said:
Um. No. You should not buy that diamond. It is really a poorly cut and sad little thing :blackeye: For me, not matter the price, not worth it. Maybe I would pay $500 if I wanted the setting for something else.

Dreamer--Do you think it would be a good candidate for a recut? Or do you think the process will take out much of the weight?

Ludmila--are you specifically looking for a 2ct diamond?

ludmila.k

Shiny_Rock
eh613c|1343324711|3240610 said:
Dreamer_D|1343322697|3240583 said:

Dreamer--Do you think it would be a good candidate for a recut? Or do you think the process will take out much of the weight?

Ludmila--are you specifically looking for a 2ct diamond?

I'm just searching a beautifull ring!!! 1 ct or 1.5ct...but we don't have an enormous budget!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't even consider an SI2 for a recut unless the cutter approves it first. It may not even be a candidate for recut depending on the type and location of the inclusions. I know that sometimes old diamonds are purchased for recut with an aim of getting half or even less weight in the finished stone. And really, no one could advise you on this particular stone unless there was much more information about it.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
The diamond looks terrible to me.

To the experts - Does this diamond display what is referred to as "fish-eye"? It almost looks like it sinks in the middle...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would not buy a stone that needed that much recutting unless I was super risk taker or super knoweldgeable about diamonds, and even then only if the stone was VS1 in clarity or better! Too many variables. But those more general issues aside, I would wager this is not a good candidate. Too many inclusions and super shallow based on the fish eye.

I believe that is a fish eye, but really it is just overall a poorly cut diamond. I can't imagine it will sparkle.

Ludmilla if you want some help, post in Rocky talky with your budget and desires and people can help!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm...something strange about this stone :confused: it has the correct diameter for a well cut 2ct but it just look weird.. :wacko:
:errrr: are you sure it is a real diamond?

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I agree it is a poorly cut stone, but when it boils down to it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...as they always say. If the price was right, I would buy it! It's an unusual, old stone (the stone actually looks really pretty in that second picture) with a beautiful setting. It can't be ALL that bad. I actually think it's kind of pretty...it's definitely unique! :wink2:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. Don't buy. It's just an unfortunate stone, poor thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results