shape
carat
color
clarity

Help setting my GB Zircon!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everybody! I haven't been on in ages, but I miss it here and have a few projects coming up that I'd like to share :)

First up, I purchased a really lovely zircon from Gary Braun of Finewater. It's 3.85ct, don't know the mm dimensions, I had it written down but seem to have misplaced the paper :blackeye:

anyway, I'm totally in love with it and want to have it set into a ring but I'm having a heck of a time thinking of how I want it set. Perhaps a delicate halo? bezel set maybe? suggestions?

pic of the zircon in relation to my 6.8mm sapph

117GBZ.jpg

012GBZ.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you see any gray or brown in the stone, stay away from white gold (speaking from experience!! :nono: )

Its worth checking it in various light sources to be for sure. Otherwise, if you wanted to split the difference, a yellow gold head with a white body.

-A

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite cushion setting and what my spinel bezel ring was based on. I've got a yellow garnet cushion I want to do it again on, so this is what I vote for! (but metal color switched around to opposite the picture)

Pretty zircon Kas and nice to see you again! Was that zircon on his site or did he cut it for you?

1130cmring.jpg

CM1130.jpg

T

talamasca

Lovely stone and I think it would look very nice in YG too.

P.S. I love the style of your e-ring :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A yellow gold bezel will highlight it well. The bezel to protect the edges and the yellow to play up a nicer hue. I take it you are aware that the facets of zircons tend to get abraided more easily that your sapphire when set in a ring?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
arcadian- I will definitely have to look more closely and see what I can. It does really well in natural light, as well as my little lamp in my room, I think I have the reveal lightbulb in that one. I'll have to check it out though.

Hey Pack! love that setting, so streamlined. the zircon was one from his site. I tried really hard to resist, but it just kept calling to me so I gave in :halo:

talamasca: thanks *blushing. The center is a sapphire from Jeff White, and the setting is the platinum "Swan" from designs by Vatche. staring at it seems to be my favorite hobby, lol

chrono: so going with a bezel is a good choice for this one? I was hoping so. and thank you, I do realize it is definitely more of a 'sometimes' piece if I get it set in a ring. that was definitely one of my concerns, but i can't picture setting it in something else

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
more pics.... I'm so confused for metal choice, ugh

goldchoice 052b.jpg

goldchoice 053b.jpg

goldchoice 061b.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results