shape
carat
color
clarity

Help setting 5.53 round please

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Purchased yesterday on line. I’m wondering what is the smallest mm ring that is safe. I love the fine dainty pave settings but I worry it won’t be strong enough.I’m partial to low profile settings with a basket I’m contemplating having it just set in a plane knife edge as it’s coming to Canada to wear temporarily. Or do I just send it loose. Ugh. Can’t decide

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a diamond that size, I would personally go with at least 2-2.2mm and 6 prongs for security. If you're feeling indecisive, I'd have it set in the plain knife-edge so that you can still wear it while you're deciding on a permanent setting.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Depends on your finger size but I would go at least 2.2. You can always taper it towards the head to make it look really thin. This could work for a knife edge setting too. I would make it 6 prong’s to keep the stone secure and stay away from peg head setting’s.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

Purchased yesterday on line. I’m wondering what is the smallest mm ring that is safe. I love the fine dainty pave settings but I worry it won’t be strong enough.I’m partial to low profile settings with a basket I’m contemplating having it just set in a plane knife edge as it’s coming to Canada to wear temporarily. Or do I just send it loose. Ugh. Can’t decide

Ok I feel you on this too. Love a giant diamond and a thin band! :D Did this stone work out for you or did you return it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results