shape
carat
color
clarity

Help selecting 2 carat diamond..

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just looked at the WF stone again. Its showing as sold...I hope that was to you! If not, here's an alternative. As a VS2, the inclusion should be a non-issue (just ask the JA gemologist to provide a comparison between the following two relative to color and which more 'eye-clean').

The setting is a good choice. Its a pretty simple setting that will work with a lot of wedding bands. If she has a rounded top to her wedding band, this is a good choice. If her wedding band has a more squared-off look, and 4-prongs are ok, I'd like this one better.

Legato Sleek. https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...eek-line-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-424.htm

Keep us posted!

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-2_19-9-26.jpeg
    upload_2017-10-2_19-9-26.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 13
  • upload_2017-10-2_19-13-13.jpeg
    upload_2017-10-2_19-13-13.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 12

atm4

Rough_Rock
Noooooo. Ugh--It wasn't to me. I had it in my cart, trying to decide on a setting and it sold.

Looking at these 3 stones, which would you recommend? Which is the best value?

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I contact the JA gemologist for a comparison?

Looking forward, I think I will just buy the stone and have somebody local set it. I don't see any wf settings with very thin bands or micro paves. She doesn't have a wedding band now, she actually never did--she only had a single ring so I don't have anything to match.

I like the roundness of the 6 prong. The prongs should be platinum, right even if the ring is yg? Thanks for your help.

Just looked at the WF stone again. Its showing as sold...I hope that was to you! If not, here's an alternative. As a VS2, the inclusion should be a non-issue (just ask the JA gemologist to provide a comparison between the following two relative to color and which more 'eye-clean').

The setting is a good choice. Its a pretty simple setting that will work with a lot of wedding bands. If she has a rounded top to her wedding band, this is a good choice. If her wedding band has a more squared-off look, and 4-prongs are ok, I'd like this one better.

Legato Sleek. https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...eek-line-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-424.htm

Keep us posted!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the 1.75. Its larger by a bit and the small inclusion will be invisible. But, either will be great. If you want the JA gemologist to review it and compare to the other, just ask after you pay and if they prefer the other one, you can swap them.

If you have a local jeweler that you fully trust and have lots of experience with, then you can go local. But, its not our first choice here. Setting is a time of some risk to a diamond and having the diamond vendor set the stone is preferred.

How about this setting? Its the Vatche 1514 Felicity Pave. I would ask if they can special order this setting with a yellow shank and white metal head. I like platinum, but white gold will be fine. This is pave, but a more open version of it so you see the side-view. Its 1.9 at the bottom and 1.3 mm at the top. You don't want it any thinner anyway.

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...ve-diamond-engagement-ring-by-vatche-1649.htm

video:
5fbe175c95204691592983fe4a78b018---prong-engagement-ring-engagement-ideas.jpg

Shown with 1.9c
Vatche-Felicity-Pave-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_48048_30509_g-128447.jpg

@cflutist has this setting and is lovely!

If that setting does not suit, this Jena setting is lovely. Erica at Love Affair Diamonds makes this. If you like it (I love the head), you can contact her and see about the price in yellow gold with a white metal head. You can also ask about changing the shoulder to cathedral, like the one you selected. You would buy the diamond from WF and then have them mail it to Erica. This is pave, but a form called bead set.

22b1055b4fb5daee23df147a0a4e9ef6.jpg

Harlow shoulder
upload_2017-10-3_5-48-10.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-3_5-43-59.jpeg
    upload_2017-10-3_5-43-59.jpeg
    5.7 KB · Views: 11

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You can hold a stone for free before you decide a setting

atm4

Rough_Rock
I have the 1.75 reserved.
They are checking if the Vatche 1514 Felicity Pave setting can be done in a yellow shank and platinum head. She said it could definitely be done completely in yellow gold (shank and head). Would you avoid this one if the head can't be done in platinum? She recommended platinum because she says it stays whiter than white gold. Thanks
I would go with the 1.75. Its larger by a bit and the small inclusion will be invisible. But, either will be great. If you want the JA gemologist to review it and compare to the other, just ask after you pay and if they prefer the other one, you can swap them.

If you have a local jeweler that you fully trust and have lots of experience with, then you can go local. But, its not our first choice here. Setting is a time of some risk to a diamond and having the diamond vendor set the stone is preferred.

How about this setting? Its the Vatche 1514 Felicity Pave. I would ask if they can special order this setting with a yellow shank and white metal head. I like platinum, but white gold will be fine. This is pave, but a more open version of it so you see the side-view. Its 1.9 at the bottom and 1.3 mm at the top. You don't want it any thinner anyway.

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...ve-diamond-engagement-ring-by-vatche-1649.htm

video:
5fbe175c95204691592983fe4a78b018---prong-engagement-ring-engagement-ideas.jpg

Shown with 1.9c
Vatche-Felicity-Pave-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_48048_30509_g-128447.jpg

@cflutist has this setting and is lovely!

If that setting does not suit, this Jena setting is lovely. Erica at Love Affair Diamonds makes this. If you like it (I love the head), you can contact her and see about the price in yellow gold with a white metal head. You can also ask about changing the shoulder to cathedral, like the one you selected. You would buy the diamond from WF and then have them mail it to Erica. This is pave, but a form called bead set.

22b1055b4fb5daee23df147a0a4e9ef6.jpg

Harlow shoulder
upload_2017-10-3_5-48-10.png

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the 1.75 reserved.
They are checking if the Vatche 1514 Felicity Pave setting can be done in a yellow shank and platinum head. She said it could definitely be done completely in yellow gold (shank and head). Would you avoid this one if the head can't be done in platinum? She recommended platinum because she says it stays whiter than white gold. Thanks

If your wife like yellow gold, then all yellow will be fine. I like the head platinum, but it will be lovely either way. Its the right size for your wants and WF setting their own stone is best. So, either way, this setting seems to suit your needs.

On platinum vs. white gold. I always prefer platinum as I can't be bothered to keep my white gold plated. Something about my body chemistry seems to remove the plating really fast (6-9 months) vs. others who get much longer (1-5+ years). I also like platinum because I routinely have contact with all manner of chemicals, so I like that it is chemically inert.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results