shape
carat
color
clarity

[HELP] Searching for weeks - $4500 Round Diamond

robj

Rough_Rock
G'day All,

What a great site and community this. It has come to that time in my life to pop the question and thus I am on the search for a diamond for an engagement ring with a budget around $4,500 (+/- for the right one) for the diamond. I have been searching for weeks and I did find this one - https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.91-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1925596

But once I got Ideal scope image I am unsure, when comparing it others online.

This is the setting it will be most likely be paired with - https://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/platinum-2mm-comfort-fit-solitaire-engagement-ring-item-1981..

I have been using the price scope search, but I'm either being too fussy or I don't really know what I am searching for. Ideally, I want to stay around the G & H colour bracket (unless I can be convinced otherwise) and eye clean.

Appreciate your help.

Rob

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why don't you post your idealscope picture?

There are plenty of choices around that price.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good so far! Do post the idealscope pic. There's a little danger someone will take it due to it not being on hold, so I'd decide soon!

n64bomb

Rough_Rock
Trade
The setting could be gotten a lot cheaper (for the exact same thing) at blue nile/b2c jewels and have them ship it to jamesallen. Jamesallen tends to be a little overpriced for settings. And then have jamesallen set the stone. Or you could talk with jamesallen and see if they will work with you on the price. That setting is around 525-550$ at bluenile/b2cjewels, and it is one of the simplest settings available, so anyone can perform it with ease. G-H is good for the color. You could go G-H-I on the color and still be completely fine.

robj

Rough_Rock
Ideal Scope.

Maybe I am being too fussy. Good point regarding getting the setting from blue nile.

1925596id.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A great stone. The price is reasonable. It is a bit deep at 62.5%, still ok. The spread is reasonable at 6.15-6.20

Just ensure it is not cloudy from the primary SI1 determining clouds includsion, when you see it in person.

robj

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1478382105|4094224 said:
A great stone. The price is reasonable. It is a bit deep at 62.5%, still ok. The spread is reasonable at 6.15-6.20

Just ensure it is not cloudy from the primary SI1 determining clouds includsion, when you see it in person.

Thank you for the information. I was thinking 62 or below would of been better. Of course James Allen chat advises up to 62.7 is ok.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the idealscope very nice.

Really like the stone in the link above! Great value

robj

Rough_Rock
n64bomb|1478354510|4093998 said:
The setting could be gotten a lot cheaper (for the exact same thing) at blue nile/b2c jewels and have them ship it to jamesallen. Jamesallen tends to be a little overpriced for settings. And then have jamesallen set the stone. Or you could talk with jamesallen and see if they will work with you on the price. That setting is around 525-550$ at bluenile/b2cjewels, and it is one of the simplest settings available, so anyone can perform it with ease. G-H is good for the color. You could go G-H-I on the color and still be completely fine.

I found this setting - http://www.bluenile.com/au/build-your-own-ring/petite-solitaire-ring-platinum_19010?elem=img&track=product.. James Allen chat suggested having the diamond shipped to Blue Nile to do the setting as they will then have the diamond specifications. Are they trying to avoid doing the work? I imagine it would be more suitable to ship a setting (less risk?).

Thanks for your help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results