shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Round diamond advice needed

canuck2015

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescope community,

I've been lurking around here for a few weeks and could really use some help as I am planning on proposing within the next month. I would like your advice on comparing the following 3 stones. All G/VS2 and all seem to score well on the HCA. I'm still quite new to this so any input is appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• diamond_13.pdf
    676.3 KB · Views: 46
  • diamond_14.pdf
    687 KB · Views: 33
  • diamond_15.pdf
    677 KB · Views: 29

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
canuck2015|1447362387|3948920 said:
Hello Pricescope community,

I've been lurking around here for a few weeks and could really use some help as I am planning on proposing within the next month. I would like your advice on comparing the following 3 stones. All G/VS2 and all seem to score well on the HCA. I'm still quite new to this so any input is appreciated.

Thanks for your help!
All three fall roughly into the category of 60/60 makes. That is, tables and depths of about 60 percent. This gives a different look than traditional ideal cuts with proportions closer to Tolkowsky. The 60/60 with the lower crown can deliver more white light return but at the expense of some fire (colored sparkles).

There are many threads here on that topic that can be searched. Here is also an article that may be of interest:
https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/60-60-proportioned-diamond

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can, provide links to the reports rather than making people download them before they can open them.

Here are some parameters to help you get into ideal cut territory:

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-41.0

canuck2015

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know why BN links don't work. I seem to recall that before. The main problem with BN is that they don't offer photos of most stones, so these could be okay or terrible. Most people here favor ideal cut for the great light return with the parameters I gave you. If you are in the UK and need to buy from Blue Nile, I would suggest looking at their signature stones as they do have a little more information on those.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results