shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Reviewing ASET and Idealscop of a Round Diamond

kdn2684

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I am about to make my first (and only) diamond purchase in order to ask my gf to marry me. I've selected the following diamond and WF has come up with the following images. Overall it looks good to me, but it would make me feel better to get an opinion from the Pricescope experts. This diamond is priced at $16,500. I am going to WF facility tomorrow to see it in person (i can't wait). Is there anything i should be concerned with or worried about with this diamond? Thanks for the help in advance.

Measurements: 7.32 - 7.36 x 4.51 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade: AGS 1.0 (F)
Clarity Grade: AGS 4 (VS2)
Carat Weight 1.501
Light Performance: 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Table: 56.8%
Crown Angle: 33.1
Pavilion Angle: 41.1
Total Depth: 61.4%

AGS PLATINUM REPORT
http://www.agslab.com/pdf_sync_reports/104046888004-PLDQR.PDF

AST_AGS-104046888004.png
H_AGS-104046888004.png
IS_AGS-104046888004.png
DI40X_AGS-104046888004.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a bright one. Not being sold as H&A so don't worry about the wonky hearts.

When you go in-person be sure to compare w/ some other stone of various proportions in various types of lighting, see if you consistently prefer the way this stone "performs". You are lucky to be able to compare in-person with lots of stones of different makes, take advantage of it, and let your eyes judge :sun:

kdn2684

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1304628558|2913234 said:
Looks like a bright one. Not being sold as H&A so don't worry about the wonky hearts.

When you go in-person be sure to compare w/ some other stone of various proportions in various types of lighting, see if you consistently prefer the way this stone "performs". You are lucky to be able to compare in-person with lots of stones of different makes, take advantage of it, and let your eyes judge :sun:

Thanks. I'm not sure if i care too much about all the heart shape being symmetrical as long as there are hearts and that the diamond is bright. I do realize the Crown Angle is low (33.1), but it is balanced by a high Pavilion Angle (41.1). I'm not sure how important this is as long as the diamond sparkles.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In some lights (spotlighting) all diamonds will show colour, in some lights (diffuse office lights) all diamonds will show white light. In in-between lighting types stones with different proportions can err toward white or colour - you have a bit of leeway here if you have a strong preference. Generally speaking a stone w/ shallow crown, deeper pav, longer lgf is predisposed toward fast white twinkly sparkles in those in-between lighting types - and higher crown/smaller table/shorter lgf toward fewer bigger flashes, and permits more colour.

One type isn't objectively "better" or "sparklier" than the other - just a different type of sparkle, and if you find when you go in that you have a preference then that's something WF can help you with.

kdn2684

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1304629082|2913251 said:
In some lights (spotlighting) all diamonds will show colour, in some lights (diffuse office lights) all diamonds will show white light. In in-between lighting types stones with different proportions can err toward white or colour - you have a bit of leeway here if you have a strong preference. Generally speaking a stone w/ shallow crown, deeper pav, longer lgf is predisposed toward fast white twinkly sparkles in those in-between lighting types - and higher crown/smaller table/shorter lgf toward fewer bigger flashes, and permits more colour.

One type isn't objectively "better" or "sparklier" than the other - just a different type of sparkle, and if you find when you go in that you have a preference then that's something WF can help you with.

THANKS for the info. I plan on seeing in person how great the ACA diamonds are. But if you're saying that this diamond sparkles and does a good job of reflecting light, i might be incline to keep this one and not spend the additonal $$$ for the upgrade :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kdn2684|1304629870|2913264 said:
THANKS for the info. I plan on seeing in person how great the ACA diamonds are. But if you're saying that this diamond sparkles and does a good job of reflecting light, i might be incline to keep this one and not spend the additonal $$$ for the upgrade :)

Well - the best we can do is educated assumptions about what the stone is doing, we can't tell you anything about how your eyes interpret what the stone is doing and whether or not they like what they see, so all in all I think it's best to go in with an open mind and let your eyes persuade you one way or another, as I said earlier. Even if you find it's not your cup of tea - you won't find it *ugly*, certainly! And you might love it, my own personal preferences fall outside the margins commonly touted as "ideal-est" here on PS, so we shall see! ::)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1304630345|2913270 said:

Well - the best we can do is educated assumptions about what the stone is doing, we can't tell you anything about how your eyes interpret what the stone is doing and whether or not they like what they see, so all in all I think it's best to go in with an open mind and let your eyes persuade you one way or another, as I said earlier. Even if you find it's not your cup of tea - you won't find it *ugly*, certainly! And you might love it, my own personal preferences fall outside the margins commonly touted as "ideal-est" here on PS, so we shall see! ::)

And unless you have lived with many diamonds and spent lots of time comparing, you likely won't even notice the types of nuances we talk about incessently here :tongue:

I think this diamond looks really nice.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, the Dreamer makes a fair point! :bigsmile:

kdn2684

Rough_Rock
Dreamer_D|1304638461|2913425 said:
Yssie|1304630345|2913270 said:

And unless you have lived with many diamonds and spent lots of time comparing, you likely won't even notice the types of nuances we talk about incessently here :tongue:

I think this diamond looks really nice.

Its hard enough for me to tell the difference between a real diamond and a CZ, im pretty sure im not going to be able to tell the difference between this diamond and an ACA. Thats why I ask for help from the experts so I know im getting a quality diamond. With both you and Yssie's help, I can purchase this diamond with confidence. Thanks you two, Pricescope is truly a life savers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results