shape
carat
color
clarity

help- retailer''s cut grading???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

greta2002

Rough_Rock
In a recent response to a post(subject: "Price Scope''s Price Stat''s"), Leonid wrote:

"Today there is no commonly accepted cut grading system. You can find diamonds graded by AGS or EGL with a cut grade in the reports but that would be grades used in the lab.
Some retailers use their own cut grading systems. Blue Nile is one of them."

I was wondering whether a retailer''s cut grading system is legitimate if the majority of their stones are GIA graded. Is is safe to assume that retailers that use their own grading system is based only on the table and TOTAL depth, which can actually be quite "uninformative"? Any thoughts?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
I was wondering whether a retailer's cut grading system is legitimate if the majority of their stones are GIA graded. Is is safe to assume that retailers that use their own grading system is based only on the table and TOTAL depth, which can actually be quite "uninformative"? Any thoughts?
----------------
In case of BlueNile, Mondera or DirtCheapDiamond I think it is done more to help people to navigate through thousands of stones. Some sort of preliminary filter.

[/u][/u]

greta2002

Rough_Rock
Thank you Leonid. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results