shape
carat
color
clarity

Help requested on this square modified

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megerlach

Rough_Rock
I am interested in the following stone:

Sqaure Modified Brilliant
6.56x6.47x4.81 mm
1.74 carat
Depth - 74.3
Table - 71
Girdle - Medium to Very Thick
Culet - None
Finish - Polish - Good
Finish - Symmetry - Very Good
Clarity - VS1
Color - G
Fluor - None

I have examined it and can see nothing to my own inexperienced eye that should worry me. However, I would like some opinions as to whether there is anything here that causes a concern to anyone regarding depth, table, girdle and my ability to have it set. Thanks a ton!

megerlach

Rough_Rock
They are also asking $12,500 for this stone...Is that a decent deal or can I do much better?

megerlach

Rough_Rock
I know I am new to this site, but I was wondering if I perhaps approached my question in the wrong manner. I have done a lot of reading over the past day on this site and it seems there are some very knowledgeable folks here. Is there anyone out there that might have an opinion?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not knowledgable in this shape at all so I am unable to comment much on it. I would assume that it is a cushion shaped stone from the name. If so, it is an awfully deep stone at 74.3% and so you are paying for the 1.74 carat weight but yet it will face up so much smaller. A 71% table is also quite big and not too good for a diamond's sparkle. I'd much prefer a table around 55% to 65% but the smaller the better. Do you have any pictures to go along with this stone? It is hard to give an accurate opinion by just the numbers alone.

megerlach

Rough_Rock
It is simply a princess stone; the "sqaure modified" is simply the name given on the GIA report. I do not have a picture at this point, but am working on it. Given it is a princess does that change your opinion?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it does somewhat. I know princess stones can be rather deep but I still think the table is too big. A picture is pretty important too unless you are getting a AGS0 princess cut. I hope the Princess experts will chime in on this as I really don''t know much about this shape.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I'm a princess fan, but certainly not an expert.

At first glance, it does look too deep. But what I really don't like is the very thick girdle. it's my understanding that it *could* be hiding a lot of it's weight there.

Can you get pics and an idealscope? That would help folks chime in about it. Numbers can only tell us so much!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it could be very nice. especially if you have seen it!
36.gif

megerlach

Rough_Rock
I have seen it and it is a gorgeous stone, however I do not know what to look for outside of sparkle. I have no idea if it will look the 1.74 carats once set or if it will sit in the mount correctly. Of the 6-10 stones I have seen so far, it is by far the best looking stone to the uneducated eye.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results