shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Regret retail store purchase! I was "diamond high!"

GirlyGirl

Shiny_Rock
Re: Help! Regret retail store purchase! I was "diamond high!

foreveryoung|1342371825|3234343 said:
Yes - I ordered the Item # 1475315 "True Hearts" Round 0.61 carat H color VS1 clarity diamond..

I want to try it on and see what I think about proportions to my finger.. at worst I send it back and pick out something else. I will take everyone's recommendations into consideration - especially lowering clarity in exchange for a larger stone.

Thank you everyone for all of your help!

I think you are going to be very happy with your choice!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Definitely see how you like the diamond you ordered - the great thing about JA is that their refunds are quick and easy! :) I actually sent back the first diamond I ordered, JA service is fantastic.

I will be honest with you and say that I think the .71 E SI2 AGS Cut grade Ideal for the same price was a better buy being .3 mm larger, since you are concerned with size on your finger. It looks super eye clean. As Kenny said, the most important factor is cut, so even a lower clarity can appear super sparkly with a great cut.
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1433097.asp

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock

UberClaire|1342369675|3234322 said:
I was thinking specifically of this one:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI2-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-1505820.asp
Scores a 0.9 on HCA
It's a GIA I, but if you liked an IGI G, they're probably roughly equivalent, and the strong blue fluoro will help it face up whiter.
The GIA report doesn't have an inclusion plot, so you'd need to ask JA if it is eyeclean.

But it's a 0.82 with a 6mm x 6mm spread which is significantly bigger than the two you're looking at now.

I'll repost this here from your other thread, just to keep it in mind. It's the exact same price as the stone you bought after PriceScope discount.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, I was gone today and missed all the action! So you are 100% sure you won't ever want to trade the diamond in for a larger size? If you are sure, then it won't matter where you buy, but if you think you might want to trade up, WF would be a better choice. I'd go down to VS2 or SI1 to get a little more size, too.

angietime

Rough_Rock

sounds so pretty! I don't have an opinion on changing anything. I think you did a lot of homework and you chose something that's the best of all worlds. Congrats.

foreveryoung

Rough_Rock

I'm so sorry to bring all of you with us on this tumultuous ride -- but I yet again changed my mind -- (FOR GOOD THIS TIME THOUGH!)

We decided the right choice for now is for both of us to wear our bands while we are engaged -- and he said he'll buy me the matching e-ring from JA that I picked out with the diamond of my choice... (an awesomely cut 1ct! ;)) when we can better afford it!

We aren't getting married for another 2 yrs - June 14, 2014 (after we buy a house) -- so we have plenty of time to save some $$$!

Thank you everyone SO MUCH!! I really appreciate all of the support and knowledge you've shared with me! I will be so much more ready to pick out a diamond next time! Thanks! I'm so happy and stress-free now! :)

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

No worries! That's a very prudent choice and what we did, as well. You'll have more fun picking out the ring when the budget stress is less and you already have a house! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results