shape
carat
color
clarity

Help reading my EGL report!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fightingrousher

Rough_Rock
I have made a couple of posts asking for help about a e-ring I am planning to purchase. Now I think I have all of the info because I just got a copy of the lab report.
EGL Report:
1.04 Cts. Princess
Measurements: 5.46-5.42x4.13mm.
Total Depth: 76.2%
Table Width: 70%
Crown Height: 12%
Pavilion Depth: 60%
Girdle Thickness: Slightly Thick, Polished
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Clarity Grade: SI2
Graining: Nil
Color Grade: F
Flourescence: None

This diamond is going on a Martin Flyer e-ring. The price is $4900, that includes all tax, fees, and lifetime warranty. Never bought a diamond before and just looking for a little advice.

Here is a pic of the ring

martinflyer1234567.png

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 2:17:11 PM
Author:fightingrousher

I have made a couple of posts asking for help about a e-ring I am planning to purchase. Now I think I have all of the info because I just got a copy of the lab report.
EGL Report:
1.04 Cts. Princess
Measurements: 5.46-5.42x4.13mm.
Total Depth: 76.2%
Table Width: 70%
Crown Height: 12%
Pavilion Depth: 60%
Girdle Thickness: Slightly Thick, Polished
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Clarity Grade: SI2
Graining: Nil
Color Grade: F
Flourescence: None

This diamond is going on a Martin Flyer e-ring. The price is $4900, that includes all tax, fees, and lifetime warranty. Never bought a diamond before and just looking for a little advice.

Here is a pic of the ring
Firstly, which EGL lab graded the diamond? Do you know if it is EGL USA, Israel etc?

Secondly, do you have images of the diamond such as ASET and photographs?

fightingrousher

Rough_Rock
It is EGL USA. Sorry I don''t have any images of the diamond. The seller still has the diamond and I did not take any pictures of it while I was there.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 2:48:42 PM
Author: Gregg
May I add two bits of caution?

2. I did a search with the information you gave, (and I assumed the price of the diamond you had in mind was the $4,368 from the Martin Flyer site) and I pulled up 63 loose diamonds that were the same (or ''better'' in color or cut or clarity, etc.). In fact, if you want a 1.04-carat Princess F-color, SI2, there are 12 listed at Adiamor that are all ''Ideal'' grade cut (GIA). Price for the loose diamond at Adiamor ranged from $3,316 to $4,298. I did the search at the same place that wrote the article. Some, not all, of the diamonds list their depths and tables and measurements, if you click on ''details.''

Just to clarify, GIA does not grade cut grade of Princess Cut and they only grade Round Cut, the best grade being Excellent. What you see as GIA ''Ideal'' cut is given by vendors who is holding the stone, they may or may not be good performer but definitely not Ideal cut grade, a grade only given by AGS and they being the only lab that grades Princess cut on the cut.

fightingrousher

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gregg, that article is pretty interesting. I was not very clear in my post. The $4900 is for the diamond and the ring.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results