shape
carat
color
clarity

Help reading ASET / Ideal scope, please

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
Help with interpreting these ASET images and overall opinion? Tweezer and hand videos in link thank you in advance for your feedback. I feel like my diamond search has been “1 step forward and 2 steps back” every time I learn something new lol. Emerald cut - 13.09 F VS1

02026358-690F-482D-8DF7-4F82C127323D.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K

Not looking good IMO but lets get Karl's opinion.

Is this an Earth-minded diamond or a lab diamond?

Edit...I'll ask to have your duplicate thread removed.

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
@Karl_K

Not looking good IMO but lets get Karl's opinion.

Is this an Earth-minded diamond or a lab diamond?

Edit...I'll ask to have your duplicate thread removed.

It’s lab. does that matter? I thought they were the same. It’s really hard to get these ASET/ideal scope images. All the retailers/ dealers just send a 360 magnified and then a tweezer/hand video. Like pulling teeth to get them to make ASET/ideal scope

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
It’s lab. does that matter? I thought they were the same. It’s really hard to get these ASET/ideal scope images. All the retailers/ dealers just send a 360 magnified and then a tweezer/hand video. Like pulling teeth to get them to make ASET/ideal scope

There is a separate forum here. Lots of good info including dealer recs.

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
There is a separate forum here. Lots of good info including dealer recs.

I see. My question is specifically about ASET/ideal image/light return on emerald cuts though. Not looking for info regarding lab/mined.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I see. My question is specifically about ASET/ideal image/light return on emerald cuts though. Not looking for info regarding lab/mined.

That’s all discussed there.

Also, if you want help, let us know what your approximate budget is. There are a lot of helpful PSers who are REALLY good at finding the prettiest stones for the best price (I mean super talented).

Last edited:

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
Oooh that would be awesome. I would prefer to spend between 20-61k those numbers are solely based on what I have been able to negotiate so far. Here is my spreadsheet of what I’ve been working on - 27ACB14F-A9BE-42F2-99E5-89CADBFAD910.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It would still need to be moved to the MMD area of the forum. I agree with others that it doesn't look great. But we are happy to help you in the MMD section!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It matters in that it confuses people at what you are interested in. I also tend to give unusual stones (like an Earth-mined 13 carat
F/VS1s) a certain amount of "grace" because they are rare. If its a lab stone you can actually have one cut for you with less leakage.
(A lab stone this size may also fall into the rare category as far as lab stones go but would be much rarer in an Earth-mined.) Hope
that makes sense!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not sure what happened to my reply and the images.
The black in ASET is the stone drawing light from dead center of the scope.
This is like the diamond trying to draw light from your nose as your looking at it.
Thats not a good thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results