shape
carat
color
clarity

Help read Ideal Image! Attached insided

Kc10f

Rough_Rock
How does this Ideal Scope look? Round Excellent cut GIA. VS2 H Diamond.

diamond_idealscope_img.jpg

Kc10f

Rough_Rock
Thanks DiamondSeeker. Great to hear. Does it worry you that the HCA comes out at 2.6? or does an Ideal Scope image trump that concern.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The light return image trumps it. What are the numbers, though?

Kc10f

Rough_Rock
Round Brilliant
Measurements
5.76 - 5.78 x 3.55 mm
Carat Weight
0.72 carat
Color Grade
H
Clarity Grade
VS2
Cut Grade
Excellent

proportions
Depth
61.5 %
Table
57 %
Crown Angle
35.5°
Crown Height
15.0%
Pavilion Angle
40.8°
Pavilion Depth
43.0%
Star Length
50%
Lower Half
75%
Girdle
Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 3.5%
Culet
None

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's the crown angle bumping up the HCA score, and that is why the idealscope image is important.

Do you want to link the stone or is it not on hold?

Kc10f

Rough_Rock
So do you think it is a good purchase? I am about to pull the trigger if so. Price is $2,860. Thanks for all your feedback and help btw. It really means a lot to some1 thats so invested in getting the best they can afford

Kc10f

Rough_Rock
Any other feedback?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If diamondseeker gave it a thumbs up, that's pretty good feedback. Show us pics when you get it!!

Kc10f

Rough_Rock
Great to know! Even your confirmation further puts me at ease so thank you. I will post some!

Kc10f

Rough_Rock
Hey All,

I am currently waiting for the above to be shipped to me. It will be set in a 14k rose gold cushion halo. As I am waiting, I have been reading a lot more on here and elsewhere just trying to best educate myself and it is very interesting to learn. The only down side is I feel like I am getting cold feet on my purchase. Did I make a good decision? Or should I have ultimately continued to look for a diamond with a slightly lower crown angle <35.5? Part of it was a personal time crunch and I thought the ideal image looked good but now I am second guessing myself. Thanks again for dealing with us rookies. Ha

Q

Queenie60

Kc10f|1461092699|4021301 said:
Hey All,

I am currently waiting for the above to be shipped to me. It will be set in a 14k rose gold cushion halo. As I am waiting, I have been reading a lot more on here and elsewhere just trying to best educate myself and it is very interesting to learn. The only down side is I feel like I am getting cold feet on my purchase. Did I make a good decision? Or should I have ultimately continued to look for a diamond with a slightly lower crown angle <35.5? Part of it was a personal time crunch and I thought the ideal image looked good but now I am second guessing myself. Thanks again for dealing with us rookies. Ha

As long as it's the same stone that Diamondseeker approved of, I wouldn't worry too much about it. She is very knowledgeable and will give you good advise. And on a worse case basis, there's a return period. Relax, I'm sure it will be fine although I understand that second guessing stuff. I've done a lot of that recently!!! Please post pictures once you receive the ring and congratulations on your upcoming engagement. :wavey:

Kc10f

Rough_Rock
Thanks Queenie. Sometimes us amatuers just need the reassurance to walk back from "the cliff" lol. And I guess I wasn't sure if diamondseeker was approving since she only mentioned liking it better than a different stone I mentioned. Nonetheless, it is probably just an effect of me worrying about how it will look upon arrival.

Edit: changed wording

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kc10f|1461092699|4021301 said:
Hey All,

Dont. Just stop.

Wait until you see it. There is no reason to second guess yourself. The idealscope looks good and I'm betting the stone is going
to look very good in person.

Please post pics when you get it!

Kc10f

Rough_Rock
Thanks all. I might do Better staying away from these forums till I get it! I just am a perfectionist and can't help thinking maybe I could have done better. Buyers remorse is real Ha.

3Bean

Rough_Rock
I know that feeling. I am in the same boat. Purchased a diamond and setting, and am waiting for it to arrive. I forced myself to stop looking at more diamonds. Yeah, stop doubting, and relax. There's always the return policy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results