shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Radiant Diamond w/ table of 74%-78%

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

danandnic

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking at a couple of radiant cut diamond rings that look really nice, but the center diamond of one has a table of 74% and the other a cut of 78%. They both had a depth of 64.9%. I''ve read that a diamond shouldn''t have such a big table. What''s so wrong with a diamond that has a big table? Can someone please explain?

Thanks. I appreciate any input. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2009 6:50:39 PM
Author:danandnic
I''ve been looking at a couple of radiant cut diamond rings that look really nice, but the center diamond of one has a table of 74% and the other a cut of 78%. They both had a depth of 64.9%. I''ve read that a diamond shouldn''t have such a big table. What''s so wrong with a diamond that has a big table? Can someone please explain?

Thanks. I appreciate any input. :)
Basically a diamond of this shape with such a big table can look glassy, the table can glare and the crown height will be low as a result. This means you probably won''t see much fire from the diamond. These types can give a bit of a flash and bang but not much else. Take the diamond/s away from the store lights if you can to see how they behave in plain daylight, chances are they won''t look as good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results