shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Question on Diamond Ring Price!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

synth19

Rough_Rock
My gf saw a ring she really likes in Toronto, the person is a wholesale dealer and gave me some quotes. What do you think of this price, based on the specs:

HRD certified with side stones/white gold
(she doesnt want platnium or regular gold)

center stone specs: 1.04ct F/VS2 (Excellent Cut)
side stones: .33 ct''s (around the same clarity/color)

$7,500 US dollars TOTAL... not getting charged for Tax. What do you think?

If I got the diamonds seperately, she said I could pay $750 for the engagement ring. It''s a unique style, so I''m not sure what to do...thanks!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it will very much depend on the ring's style. There are a lot of good jewelers who do excellent custom work, often for less than you'd expect.

Did you take a picture of the setting? Or could you find something approximate online, or maybe draw the idea? I don't know of a lot of white-gold settings that run to $750, unless they're semi-mount...

I did a quick search on pricescope's comparison, assuming the stone was a round since you didn't say...I got results ranging from $5900-$8000 for similarly spec'd H&A stones, so, a better cut. .33's you can get for $500-600. Whew! That's a lot of BLING!!
10.gif

You may be able to work something out that's identical or similar, maybe even better quality, for less. If it's not worth the hassle, I say just buy the ring!!
2.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
can you post more info about the specs of the center stone? "excellent cut" doesn't tell us much. (i know nothing about RBs, but you'll get more responses from people who do if you include that information.)

synth19

Rough_Rock
thanks for the replies, the center stone is round cut, but I don't know the specifics of the cut...Good question, what does "excellent" mean? I will see if I can find out. thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results