shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP PSers!! Which Diamond?!?

angel01x83

Rough_Rock
HELLLLPPPPP!!!!!
I have an appointment at James Allen's office in NYC this week. I need to call them back by tomorrow with 3 diamonds for them to bring. Can anyone help me narrow it down and figure out which diamonds to select? My initial search indicates that there are 150 diamonds to choose from. I know that everyones tastes are different, but its hard to tell from the pictures which diamonds will really sparkle. I know I like more of a chunky "antique" cushion look more so than the "crushed ice look". Can anyone help??

Here is my criteria:

Shape: Cushion
Carat: 1
Color: G and Above
Clarity: VS2 and Above (possibly SI1 if it is really eye clean)
Cut: Ideal (maybe premium)
Budget: $4,000-$5,500
Ratio: No preference

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now then you tell us?

When is this week?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

angel01x83

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thanks for everyones help!

StoneCold - We will be in NYC this friday.

Farmergal - Awesome links. Those are some great picts, especially the last 2 you listed. Do pricescopers get a discount at james allen? From the links you posted the prices are discounted?!? How is that possible?

TyTy333 - Thanks for the advice. I looked at GOG and ERD, both seem to have beautiful stones. GOG seems to be out of my price range though. As for ERD, their "cut beyond" stones look nice. There was one I liked, but it was under 1ct and about $1k more than my budget. Is the price that high because of the quality cut? here is the link (hope this works)
[urlhttp://www.engagementringsdirect.com/DiamondCushionDetails.aspx?Item=63][/url]

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, you do get a pricescope discount at JA so make sure you get it! Now the cushions I listed are not antique like GOG offers, but I don't think any of them will have the crushed ice appearance that you were concerned about. I think a cushion cut in general has that old world feel even the modern cuts.

angel01x83

Rough_Rock
I agree Farmergal.

How important is depth? I've narrowed it down to a few stones I think, but they all seem to have large depth percentages. Is that ok?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
angel01x83|1309221941|2956653 said:
I agree Farmergal.

How important is depth? I've narrowed it down to a few stones I think, but they all seem to have large depth percentages. Is that ok?

Its important. If the stone is cut too deep it will face up small for the ct weight. It can also have an effect on the performance of the stone. have you seen this link yet?

https://www.pricescope.com/GA_NAJA_Cut_Class_Grader

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
you should also request that JA have the ASET images available for the stones that you select.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I don't see any antique/chunky cushions at JA in your specs except for the one EB posted (and I just looked at 35 pages!) they seem to have some nice modern cushions though. if you want an antique/vintage style cushion I would look at ERD or GOG

bridecat

Rough_Rock
A way to also narrow it down is Excellent cut and GIA certificate. I wouldn't buy a diamond these days that wasn't graded by GIA.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
bridecat|1309290040|2957217 said:
A way to also narrow it down is Excellent cut and GIA certificate. I wouldn't buy a diamond these days that wasn't graded by GIA.

GIA does not grade the cut of cushion cut diamonds.

AussieUser

Rough_Rock
Sorry but all Bride does is say GIA GIA GIA lol quite annoying
didnt mean to hijack

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results