shape
carat
color
clarity

help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ox53jacob

Rough_Rock
hello i have been reading in here for a while but i need some advice on a diamond that i have been looking at. found it in charlotte nc at a place called diamonds direct. .50 ct princess cut vs2/g egl cert. do not have the table/depth #''s yet. they were asking $800. my question is, is this a good price for the stone. it looked much larger than the .45 vs2/d they had for 1200. any help would be great.

thanks
jacob

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ox!
wavey.gif

No one can judge without table and depth percents, physical measurements for length to width ratio, girdle thickness, and quality of finish. All those things go into deciding the Cut Class of Princess cut diamonds. And, Cut Class is a determining factor in price.

If you go to the Tutorial homepage (link above) and look toward the bottom of the left hand side bar, you will see links to the cut charts. Click on princess cut and print out a copy of the chart. Compare your chart to the Certs on the diamonds and see how the cuts REALLY do rate.

You might also want to check the Price Stats page (link above) and look at the various charts for pricing guidance.

Fancies, ie princess, radiant, emerald, etc., are really hard to judge even using the charts. You need Sarin info on the Crown and Pavillion angles, and a professional opinion about the diamond. Is it a good performer or does it leak a lot of light? Is the girdle even or is it wildly thin to thick? There are many other areas of concern as well.

Once you get more info on the diamonds you're interested in, post it and someone will be more than glad to help you.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results