shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JustLooking

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I''m thinking of getting this setting for $1600, am I getting ripped off? Another thing is that I wanted to change the setting to a 6 prong instead of a 4 prong. Do you think it would look good with it? The setting itself is not very big and not very wide, the The center stone is a 1.3 VVS1 G ideal cut round. Do you think the center stone will stand out with this setting. Any comments would be great.

Thanks

jimmy.jpg

toomanyquestions

Rough_Rock
I don't think people will be able to answer unless you let them know what the total weight of the side diamonds will be (or the individual weights, if they are graduated).

But, for my 2 cents, I am getting a similar setting (platinum) with three channel set princess stones on either side of the center, 0.3 carats total weight, for about 1150 bucks. The center stone is 0.7 carat princess, and the proportions will be reasonable (I had asked a similar question last week and was answered. I have also taken the center diamond to an appraiser at this point - he had a nice chart that showed the sizes of ideal cut stones to compare it to. Assuming the stones will be 0.05 carats a piece, I think it will look very nice.

Hope this helps - this is the down side of internet shopping!

JustLooking

Rough_Rock
you were right...

the stones are 0.05 carats each and total to 0.5
where did you buy your setting?

anymore help from anyone else would be great.

Thanks

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
My sister has 1.24 carat and this setting, I'm not sure what the size of the sidestones are but her ring is gorgeous.

Having said that, I don't know if she has 4 or 6 prongs. I'll check next time I see it. Wish I were more help.

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I have the exact mounting with a round solitare. It is absolutely georgeous. I have soooooooo many compliments on my diamond. This is my engagement and wedding band (all in one) If you decide to go with this setting.. You will be very happy
1.gif
Abbott

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can probably ask to sswitch out the 4 prong for a 6 prong head. Though I have to jump in on defense of the 4 prong...my stone is a 4 prong and I adore it. I do not like thick pronged rings, so the setting you showed would not fly for me...but if you do a 4 prong setting and the prongs are unobtrusive (not so in that setting), then in my opinion it showcases more of the stone itself and not so much metal, and does not interfere with the line of the roundness of the stone. 6 prong thicker prongs will make the stone look more round than with a 4prong thick prong setting. When we had our stone made I specified that I did not want to see metal when I looked at the stone and they did a pretty good job of it, though they could have made them thinner but due to the height of the head, they had to use a tulip.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results