shape
carat
color
clarity

help please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pntxjack

Rough_Rock
hello
ijust inherited a gent's diamond ring. one stone 2.1 cts.
could anyone give me a RANGE of what an individual seller might expect to sell the ring for?
(i know nothing of diamond grading, but with a 5.5x loupe, it appears colorless and i can not see any internal flaws.)
thank you for any help.
jack:confused:

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
2.1 is a very nice size, and depending on the quality it -could- be worth a large chunk of change. But it all depends on quality. If we're talking an I3 stone, it's not going to be a great deal of money, but if it's more like an SI or even a VS, you could be looking at 5 figures. However, it takes a trained gemologist to rate the stone, both for clarity and color, and also for cut. Without those, it's nearly impossible to even give you a range of possible prices.

You'll need to find someone very trustworthy to rate the stone for you, someone like Dave Atlas, whose name is tossed about a lot on this forum for such matters. Or if you mention what area you live in, someone else may have a suggestion for someone trustworthy in your area. Pricescope has a list for some states here: https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.asp

That site also cautions you to send or take the diamond to someone independent, who does not sell diamonds.

Best of luck with your windfall.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results