shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Please: Radiant Cut

tial

Rough_Rock
By no means am I an expert in regards to picking a diamond which is why I am here asking the experts :)

Here is what I am looking for but if the experts thinks differently I am perfectly fine.

Carat: 2.9-3.0
Cut: Excellent
Color: Min. F
Clarity: Min. VS2

Budget: $10K with Setting

I am looking for sparkly and clarity.

D

Deleted member 161102

By no means am I an expert in regards to picking a diamond which is why I am here asking the experts :)

Here is what I am looking for but if the experts thinks differently I am perfectly fine.

Carat: 2.9-3.0
Cut: Excellent
Color: Min. F
Clarity: Min. VS2

Budget: $10K with Setting

I am looking for sparkly and clarity.

I’m no expert. But I do know enough now to say that you can find a great stone within that budget and CT size! After everything I’ve researched, I’d go with a GCAL 8x rated stone if you can. They offer the best reassurance you can get. You can search GCal 8x diamonds with the filter on Ritani!

If you’re willing to wait, you may even be able to afford a JannPaul diamond within that budget.

tial

Rough_Rock
What is Gcal 8x diamond? And what makes a JannPaul diamond special from others?

Sorry for all the questions.

D

Deleted member 161102

What is Gcal 8x diamond? And what makes a JannPaul diamond special from others?

Sorry for all the questions.

I posted a link to an example GCAL 8x report for you to check it out. If you look, you’ll see that it has much more info than a standard GIA or IGI report. By the way, that diamond I posted is still available and if you’re interested in it you should put it on hold before someone swipes it.

You can checkout a plethora of JannPaul content on YouTube, and even search some post at here about their diamonds.

No sorry needed!

tial

Rough_Rock
Hmmm… maybe it’s my browser but I don’t see a link or an attachment.

D

Deleted member 161102

Thank you for the link! I noticed it's a round cut, I am interested in a Radiant Cut Diamond.

is this a good diamond?

My apologies I thought I read round somewhere. My knowledge is mostly limited to rounds. Hopefully GCAL rates radiant cuts as well(it appears they do).

If you can, try to find something that is 8X GCal certified. The one you posted seems to have not made the cut for 8x. Although, admittedly, I have very little knowledge about the radiant cuts.

Edit: another option is to always go with one of the premium vendors that sells pre-vetted stones. Whiteflash, JannPaul, distinctive gem and many others. I believe there is a stickies vendor list that’s pretty thorough.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @tial! Radiants is are harder to judge w/o ASET images. I’m no expert, but I’m not crazy about the stone you showed. I think there’s a lot of light leakage under the table. The crushed ice appearance in radiants and cushions can look really mushy. And when you add the daily grime onto poor light performance, it can just look like a dirty piece of glass.

Here’s a link to the Jann Paul radiant that was mentioned above. Their claim of superior light performance is backed up by their ASET images. I wish their promo videos didn’t computer-enhance the sparkles, but you get the idea.

This video shows the stone with the least amount of computer-added sparkle:

And this one has a shot of ASET images at 0:28 seconds:

Their customer service is impeccable. Numerous PSers have purchased from them, and I have a decagon band coming this month.

If you choose to go with a different vendor, ask for ASET images or purchase an Idealscope or ASETscope so you can compare light return.

Good luck!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why such a ridiculously small carat range? You need to broaden that...bigger, smaller, or both.

Edit...or did you mean that as Min?

tial

Rough_Rock
Why such a ridiculously small carat range? You need to broaden that...bigger, smaller, or both.

Edit...or did you mean that as Min?

What carat size range do you recommend for a radiant? Just thought 3 Carat center stone was a good size.

tial

Rough_Rock
Hi @tial! Radiants is are harder to judge w/o ASET images. I’m no expert, but I’m not crazy about the stone you showed. I think there’s a lot of light leakage under the table. The crushed ice appearance in radiants and cushions can look really mushy. And when you add the daily grime onto poor light performance, it can just look like a dirty piece of glass.

Here’s a link to the Jann Paul radiant that was mentioned above. Their claim of superior light performance is backed up by their ASET images. I wish their promo videos didn’t computer-enhance the sparkles, but you get the idea.

This video shows the stone with the least amount of computer-added sparkle:

And this one has a shot of ASET images at 0:28 seconds:

Their customer service is impeccable. Numerous PSers have purchased from them, and I have a decagon band coming this month.

If you choose to go with a different vendor, ask for ASET images or purchase an Idealscope or ASETscope so you can compare light return.

Good luck!

Thank you for the video! I’ll have to check out their website.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What carat size range do you recommend for a radiant? Just thought 3 Carat center stone was a good size.

Around 3 carats is a good size but you said 2.9-3 carats like that's the range you wanted. You're really just looking
for around 3 carats, right? So anywhere 2.9-3.25ish is fine? Fancy cuts arent like rounds where you can limit to a
small range.

Edit...you do realize I am talking about the range (10 points)...not the size of the stone?

tial

Rough_Rock
Around 3 carats is a good size but you said 2.9-3 carats like that's the range you wanted. You're really just looking
for around 3 carats, right? So anywhere 2.9-3.25ish is fine? Fancy cuts arent like rounds where you can limit to a
small range.

Edit...you do realize I am talking about the range (10 points)...not the size of the stone?

Yeah, generally any size close to 3 is fine with me.

Just need to find the right diamond.

tial

Rough_Rock
Any other suggestions where to look?

I am currently talking to JennPaul but they are telling me it’s approx. 5 month waiting period for a 3 carat radiant. :(.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I’d buy an ASET scope or Ideal scope and start with the usual suspects. Or talk to Jonathan at Distinctive Gem. He’s amazing. Have purchased from him and can attest to his customer service.

tial

Rough_Rock
I’d buy an ASET scope or Ideal scope and start with the usual suspects. Or talk to Jonathan at Distinctive Gem. He’s amazing. Have purchased from him and can attest to his customer service.

Do you have his contact information?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results