shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!! Please! Fisheye?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Unsure

Rough_Rock
Please inform me as to if this diamond is a fisheye.
Here is the GIA report
7.58-7.64 x4.55mm
Weight: 1.61ct
Depth: 59.8%
Table:64%
Girdle:Medium to thick faceted
Culet: none
Girdle: medium to thick
Color: H
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: VS1
Fluorescence: medium blue

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown and pav angles from a Sarin would be helpful, then someone can run it through the DiamCalc for you and it will 'estimate' your fish-eye effect.

Or maybe an expert in the industry can pipe in with what their thoughts are on the info given? Did you SEE a fish-eye when you viewed the stone? The table is a little large (even for my taste!), so this may not be the best cut stone...post more info if you can.

1.gif

Unsure

Rough_Rock
It would be great if someone else could put their two cents in also. I would really appreciate it. This ia all the info given to me. I sparkles like crazy, but at times, in strong fluorescent lighting looks a bit opaque. How do I go about getting the other measurements? I am not sure if I see a fish eye, it is hard to tell. And I HAVE been reading up and looking at examples. Again, all help is truly appreciated. Thanks

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Having a pavilion angle would help of course to be sure.

. It is rather unlikely for this stone to be a fisheye. Most probably it is just a heavy, deep make.

Try to tilt the stone slightly to see whether you can see girdle reflection under the table. If you have to tilt it more than 5 degrees, it is not a fisheye.[/u]

Unsure

Rough_Rock
Thanks. How can I determine pavillion depths? Who should I bring this to? Is this a GOOD stone?

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
Why don't you post a picture of it.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Unsure,
----------------
How can I determine pavillion depths? Who should I bring this to?
----------------

You also can ask your vendor to get Sarin or Ogi measurements for the stone.
----------------
Is this a GOOD stone?
----------------
It is not an ideal cut for sure. You should decide for yourself whether you like it and whether the price is fair for its quality.
[/u]

Unsure

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. I am not too familiar with the going rates for THIS diamond. Based on the stats, what is your estimate of what would be a fair price? I just want to make sure I am not getting robbed.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Color would be helpful.
2.gif
9.gif

Unsure

Rough_Rock
Giangi- sorry, I thought I had posted it. I just edited the post. Color is H. Thanks for your help. I just want peace of mind. And to be honest, it is very hard to trust the sales people. Most do not have any clue as helping you with cut. I was told that this was a well cut diamond. Again, if you could give me an estimate of a fair price, I would really appreciate it.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
My guess would be about $9,000-$9,500 (give or take a few 100s).

Have you compared these stones to others? You might want to compare it to ideal or just well cut stone.

Unsure

Rough_Rock
THANKS!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'd say $9-10K depending on where you buy it.
1.gif

Diamonds with 64% table can be very attractive if well proportioned and can display a great deal of white light.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results