shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please- choosing my 25th anniversary gift

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am reaching out to the PS'ers to ask a choice question: Its our 25th anniversary and my husband wants to get me an eternity band. I have two options and I need help choosing: There is a Van Cleef and Arpels diamond band with sapphires around the middle, and pave diamonds that most likely will be within our budget of 15-20K (retail would be closer to 60k) and its in my size. The other is an emerald diamond 7 ct eternity band in white gold from one of the PS recommended vendors.

The benefit of the VCA ring is that I would wear it by itself, is beautiful and is a unique piece of craftsmanship. It's also a "branded" item at a great price

The traditional diamond eternity ring is classic, timeless. The price is very fair, and the quality of diamonds is very good.

I am really struggling on which one to chose- and purchasing both is NOT an option!

Could you all please provide some insight?

Thank you so much!

Maya

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
Here is a photo of the VCA ring - but all in diamonds. The ring we are considering images.jpeg has sapphires for the flower petals

I’m surprised to see that the VCA ring is available that far below retail - usually branded items hold value a bit better than that. But perhaps that only pertains to popular, recognizable lines like Alhambra. Still, I would be very careful to verify authenticity as much as possible for this ring if you decide to go for it.

Personally, I would pick the large diamond eternity because I think it goes with everything and is a real statement piece.

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
I’m surprised to see that the VCA ring is available that far below retail - usually branded items hold value a bit better than that. But perhaps that only pertains to popular, recognizable lines like Alhambra. Still, I would be very careful to verify authenticity as much as possible for this ring if you decide to go for it.

Personally, I would pick the large diamond eternity because I think it goes with everything and is a real statement piece.

Great point on the VCA authentication, and the ring comes with authentication papers from VCA, and my husband and I validated the purchase papers. The issue of the price has to do with its size...its an unusual size...and to your point, its not Alhambra!

Great point on the VCA authentication, and the ring comes with authentication papers from VCA

It might be worth getting it checked out by a qualifier appraiser or something regardless... papers etc. can also be faked. Not trying to be a downer, but just trying to protect you! Of course you only need to do this if you go ahead and buy the VCA!

I am leaning even further towards the eternity after you posted photos, but it’s dependent on your tastes of course :D

elizat

Ideal_Rock
The VCA looks very bulky and is it comfortable? I wonder why it's so far below retail as well. If it's an unpopular line, will the value increase over time? I don't know VCA items.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even if I assume that the VCA piece is authentic, etc (which I agree should be somehow verified by a third party, if possible), I prefer the emerald eternity. I think it's classic and classy. The VCA ring is pretty, but not as refined IMHO.

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
It seems like the emerald band is pulling ahead in the race...im attaching a photo that looks identical to my ring- a halo cushion cut diamond (my photos are not very good...im left handed) Also, I have medium sized hands- working hands, not elegant elongated fingers...

Would you consider other eternity band cuts? Oval, cushion, Asscher?

images-2.jpeg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't vote because nether is to my taste (l like the design of first ring better, but both look like they might be uncomfortable on the hand). So it's really a question of which one you would enjoy wearing better. And I personally would rather have an eternity or anniversary ring in rounds, cushions, asschers, just bc I think those cuts show off diamonds better. Any way to order the one you like better, and return if don't like?

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
I can't vote because nether is to my taste (l like the design of first ring better, but both look like they might be uncomfortable on the hand). So it's really a question of which one you would enjoy wearing better. And I personally would rather have an eternity or anniversary ring in rounds, cushions, just bc I think those cuts show off diamonds better. Any way to order the one you like better, and return if don't like?

unfortunately no to the VCA ring since its an auction...

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a wide and dimensional ring. How wide and high is it? Do you wear rings similar to that?

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
I wear a stack of rings with the same mm height

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, it would be the emerald cut eternity but I'm not that much into branded pieces. I'm just not digging the flower pattern (but it's not for me).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given the two choices as they are, I would opt for the VCA and wear it on its own.

Much as I love EC diamonds, I don't like it in a prong set full eternity band.

Personal preferences and all that, and happy anniversary in advance!

DK :))

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I (personally) would not buy branded items other than directly from the official store. Too much risk for counterfeits and fakes.

I like the more traditional, emerald diamond 7 ct eternity band. It is classic, timeless as you mentioned! One consideration is, will the eternity band be comfortable due to the size of the diamonds between your fingers? Would you consider platinum?

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I’d have a very hard time buying a branded item preowned unless you can get it authenticated at the store. The incredible reps they have these days are mind blowing and come with papers etc. For that reason, I’d probably go with the other between the two. Happy anniversary!! How exciting!

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
First of all - thank you ALL!!!!!
This has been super helpful.
I think in reading this posts, I am getting a much deeper appreciation of the risk of "VCA" versus GIA certified stones.

I am going with the emerald cut ring. I have tried it on, and it fits beautifully.

I deeply appreciate everyones help.

Best regards, and BE WELL!

Maya

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I think in reading this posts, I am getting a much deeper appreciation of the risk of "VCA" versus GIA certified stones.

I am going with the emerald cut ring. I have tried it on, and it fits beautifully.

Maya

Congrats! Please post pictures once you get the ring! It will be so blingy!!!

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
I promise!
(seriously, thank you all for your help. it was a beautiful struggle, but a struggle to decide none the less:lol:)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally feel that you've made the right choice. Timeless and classic always wins the race for me - but everyone does not feel this way. Please come back and share pictures with us!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock

Maya

Pictures please

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I’d have a very hard time buying a branded item preowned unless you can get it authenticated at the store. The incredible reps they have these days are mind blowing and come with papers etc. For that reason, I’d probably go with the other between the two. Happy anniversary!! How exciting!

Oh yes happy anniversary ❣️:kiss2:

H

Horsegirl76

Happy Anniversary! I think the eternity was an excellent (would have been my vote) choice. Please make a show me the bling thread when you get it! ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results