shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Please - Buying Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waltbeach

Rough_Rock
Hi and thanks to everyone for all the good advice in this forum. It has been a world of help.

I am about to buy the following diamond for an engagement ring (for my sweetie) tomorrow morning. If anyone has any advice on whether this is a good or bad deal, I would love to hear.

GIA Cert papers
Price: $6,000
Shape: PRINCESS
Measurements: 5.95 x 5.83 x 4.00mm
Weight: 1.16 carat

Depth: 68.6%
Table: 78%
Girdle: med to slightly thick
Culet: None

Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Good

Clarity: VVS2
Color: D
Fluorescence: None

Comments: None

Is this a good deal? Is it a good diamond? Is there anything else key I am missing or should check on?

I can also be reached at [email protected]

Thanks ever so much,

Walt

adiamond4sale

Rough_Rock
if you dont have to add s tax it is very good
good luck

waltbeach

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. Yes there is no sales tax on the purchase.

UABigBird

Rough_Rock
I am not sure if this question is allowed, but may I ask where you are purchasing from? This sounds identical to what I am looking for.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Walt! Welcome on this forum!!

The stone has quite a big table. I prefer tables to be 60% +/- 5%... But numbers aren't that important with fancy shapes... The stone could be very beautiful and extremely sparkly as well as dull and with a dark center... Is it good looking? Also, can you ask to your seller for a Sarin report?? It would be very helpful!
Good luck!
2.gif
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My experience with diamonds that have tables that much larger than their total depths is not good at all. If you're not particular with how brilliant the stone is and don't mind it having a washed out look go for it. If you're looking with a stone with exceptional fire and brilliance start with stones whose tables are less than their total depths.

Peace,
Rhino

waltbeach

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for those last two posts!

There was one thing nagging me about the stone and you hit the nail on the head --- it has what to my eye is a dark center and doesn't seem as sparkly as it should. Now that makes sense to me with your comments about depth versus table ratio.

Now I go back to the hunt again for the right stone. Any advice on that? I'm looking for 1.15-1.25 Princess cut with good quality and would like to keep it at $6500 or under.

Thanks again,

Walt

Lugus

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/19/2003 5:17:10 PM waltbeach wrote:

Any advice on that? I'm looking for 1.15-1.25 Princess cut with good quality and would like to keep it at $6500 or under.

----------------

You could click on the goodoldgold link the Jonathan's post and give him a call
1.gif

Rumor has it he knows a little about diamonds.
1.gif

waltbeach

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I took your recommendation --- I just sent him an email.... -- Walt

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results