shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please - .99ct pear - good value?

Loulala

Rough_Rock
Currently on holiday in Singapore, have seen a hand forged (apparently) halo set ring with a .99ct F colour VS1 central stone, faces up huge at Larry. The price is $8.6k USD

I've done months of research, was planning to buy a stone and have something made in London but this has totally thrown me as we got engaged unexpectedly a few days ago and now I'm thinking, yay, I could be going home with my engagement ring!

It's also way under budget, I was originally looking at $13-16k USD

So, can anyone tell me objectively (because I'm not sure I'm thinking straight :sick: ) whether this seems like a good deal or not?

TIA PSers!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many congrats on the engagement!

Does the diamond have a certificate? I think it's quite unusual to get a 0.99ct diamond? Do you want a pear shape? I had a quick look on James Allen, there are various F VS1 pears of that size at around $5500-6000. If you live in the UK you will still be liable for all the import taxes too. Sometimes it's easy to get carried away while on holiday (I know, I've done it myself!), try to keep a clear head :wavey:

Loulala

Rough_Rock
They did mention the fact that .99ct was unusual. I've asked them to email me certificate details but no reply as yet. I think it's a no, I was probably getting carried away with being newly engaged and wanting to return home with a ring to show everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results