shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking oval

armando

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone

I needed some help picking an oval. Before I was focused on carat more than anything else, but now after going into some stores I realize that getting a brilliant stone makes a big difference, especially since I wanted to get it on a solitaire. I've also reined in my price range to roughly ~$2k USD max, but preferably around the $1.5k mark.

These were some stones I was considering:
https://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/diamond-details/LD09987565
https://www.ritani.com/diamonds/oval-diamond-0-80-Carat-J-color-GIA-certified/D-20FVJ0

I'd appreciate some insight as to whether i picked them good stones or even any suggestions! Thanks!

MrsDiamondDee

Rough_Rock
I personally prefer the .8, I think the .7 seems a bit pointed at each end. Good luck!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While the .8 is bigger (and cost more), I think the .7 is going to have better light return.
Here's why...Here is the bluenile stone (the ritani website wont let me snip the stone). If you look at the big V areas that I've marked in red you will
see nice facets that return light well. If you look at same area in the ritani stone you will see that they are much smaller V areas.
BN oval.PNG

Let me look around a little and see if I can find anything nice.

armando

Rough_Rock
While the .8 is bigger (and cost more), I think the .7 is going to have better light return.
Here's why...Here is the bluenile stone (the ritani website wont let me snip the stone). If you look at the big V areas that I've marked in red you will
see nice facets that return light well. If you look at same area in the ritani stone you will see that they are much smaller V areas.
BN oval.PNG

Let me look around a little and see if I can find anything nice.

Thanks! I have no idea what to look for, there's a lot less info out there on ovals than rounds

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results