shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking her wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zaijian

Rough_Rock
So my FW and I decided to go the opposite way with the WBs and go a little cheaper :) We went by some of the local jewelry stores to get a good idea of what she wanted. She liked the look of one band, it was a band with a wide top (prolly 5mm), with two small channels running along the top, with a bunch of tiny (TINY) diamonds (totalling 1/4 cw I believe). It was $500 at the store for 14k white gold, unsure about the stone quality. So we got online afterwards and found on overstock.com what seems to be the exact same ring, in 10k white gold and 1/4 tcw, for $170.

Here''s the stats:
10k white gold
36 round cut diamonds, channel set, I-J, I2, 1/4 tdw
5.4mm - 2.8mm wide

Is there anything I should be wary about with this ring?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I2 are very low quality diamonds. Even though they''re tiny, I wouldn''t be surprised if they didn''t look like diamonds--they might be scratchy white with inclusions and not sparkle at all. Also, with materials so low quality I would worry that the workmanship might be shoddy to match. Can you return them if you get them and aren''t pleased with the quality? If so, it might be worth taking a look, but if not, I would pass.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results