shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking emeralds

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

After everyone killed it for me helping create the perfect engagement ring I hoped I could impose for some further assistance.

I would like to get my fiancé a pair of emerald earrings for Christmas, and once again I find it impossible to twll what is good quaality, what is overpriced, and what is just a ripoff.

I would not mind trying to find the gems and have the earrings made, or locating already made pieces

What I'm looking for:

Drop earrings
Dark green emeralds
White gold
Possibly in the shape of hearts with the stone tucked in
Possibly adorned with small diamonds

My budget is $600. Am I way too low with that budget?

Thanks for any help.

S

SparkliesLuver

My initial reaction was yes, that's too low, for the budget. Hearts will be more difficult to find in emeralds too. Are you able to stretch the budget at all? I'll keep looking... :)

ETA: Embassy and Multicolour both have round pairs.

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
fishfrenzy|1477415135|4090443 said:

That is almost what I'm picturing. Are these worth the $700? Being made in China is a bit worrisome.

I wasn't super clear in my first post. I don't need the emeralds to be heart shaped, just able to be attached inside a heart.

Here is a picture of some cheap Walmart earrings with the stone layout similar to what I had in mind.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwidy87egffPAhWCZIYKHXkoDUgYABAD&sig=AOD64_2O6zMMGfGh6yCz2k7lS8aMqcjuJw&adurl=&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwi46cvegffPAhXISCYKHWs3CT84UBDCPAgW

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I tend to agree that broadening the search parameters will make it easier to find something.

Personally I like these

https://loupetroop.com/listings/earrings/tsavorite-stud-earrings (note the daimonds arent included, but you could always build something similar later)

Otherwise can you talk to your local jewler to work out how much the setting will cost? Or play around here

https://www.cecileraleydesigns.com/ (note she does not set outside stones, but does stock emeralds)

That will let you know how much you have left for the emeralds. (looking at multicolour and emerald embassy a 4-4.5 mm pair is just over $400, so I think the setting may need to be <200)

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Can anyone with a bit more experience give me an opinion on the caimao piece linked above?

Thanks in advance.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darwin503|1478222536|4093476 said:
Can anyone with a bit more experience give me an opinion on the caimao piece linked above?
Thanks in advance.

It depends. You want emeralds and diamonds, it has to be heart shaped and all under $600. If you want something of good quality, that is impossible. The Cai Mao fits all your requirements at the expense of quality. It all depends on what you want. Chinese made eBay jewellery are well priced but they are also flimsier in order to be well priced. This might not be an issue for earrings though. I have no experience with this vendor, therefore cannot attest to their customer service and quality of their jewellery.

1. It is a generic or stock picture. What you receive might not look as pictured.
2. No idea how accurate their SI diamond rating is, nor how sparkly they will look
3. Same with the emeralds.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results