shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking an Emerald cut engagement ring

alphaprime2

Rough_Rock
Hi y'all, I've been looking for a lab grown diamond for my SO, who wants an Emerald Cut for an engagement ring.

Size wise, I was looking between 1.3 and 2 carats and have found a couple that I would appreciate your input on! Would also be open to other suggestions, trying to spend less than $3k

Ritani 2.03 carat, E, VVS2

Whiteflash 1.55 carat, D, VVS2

Whiteflash 1.81 carat, E, VS1

Whiteflash 1.4, D, VVS1

I've attached the reports as a link on the bottom. I think all of these should have 360 images on the site. Mainly, the Ritani one is more expensive and for that I'm wondering if it's a rip off. If I'm just way off base on what I should be looking at/for in a diamond, let me know. I'm still an idiot on this stuff, so many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Ritani 2.03 carat.JPG
    Ritani 2.03 carat.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 9
  • Whiteflash 1.55 carat.JPG
    Whiteflash 1.55 carat.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Whiteflash 1.81 carat.JPG
    Whiteflash 1.81 carat.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Whiteflash 1.4 carat.JPG
    Whiteflash 1.4 carat.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 6

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations and welcome! I am not an expert. I never understand why they don’t show EC’s as standing on its end when they do the video. I like to evaluate the flashes as its rocked east to west. Can you ask for an ASET scope for any of these? What about video in different lighting conditions?

alphaprime2

Rough_Rock
Congratulations and welcome! I am not an expert. I never understand why they don’t show EC’s as standing on its end when they do the video. I like to evaluate the flashes as its rocked east to west. Can you ask for an ASET scope for any of these? What about video in different lighting conditions?

Thanks! Yeah I think only the Ritani one and Whitflash 1.55 carat one have videos standing on end on the website. I asked Ritani if they could send some pics and ASET images, will plan to do the same for the Whiteflash ones a bit later today.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Calling @Karl_K for step cut help!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Way to much blue in ASET indicates it could be very dark in close viewing.
Im not at my computer to view the rest but based on the ASET it is not showing high potential.

alphaprime2

Rough_Rock
Im not at my computer to view the rest but based on the ASET it is not showing high potential.

Can I ask, is the ASET is just a static image of light reflection at the face up view? Like if you move it from side to side, would those blue areas in the center reflect light at a certain angle? or is it always going to be dark there no matter what

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can I ask, is the ASET is just a static image of light reflection at the face up view? Like if you move it from side to side, those blue spots in the center could reflect light at a certain angle? or is it always going to be dark there no matter what

cant tell if it will dance with motion from an ASET but face up static viewing is a common viewing condition.
Basically you need a combo of face up static with the dancing with motion to make a great EC.

alphaprime2

Rough_Rock
cant tell if it will dance with motion from an ASET but face up static viewing is a common viewing condition.
Basically you need a combo of face up static with the dancing with motion to make a great EC.

Thanks, I have some other ASET images coming tomorrow so hopefully those look a little better. Appreciate the help so far!

alphaprime2

Rough_Rock
Got the ASET from Whiteflash:

Whiteflash 1.40 carat, d, vvs1
Whiteflash 1.40.jpg

Whiteflash 1.81, e, vs1 (seems not impressive)

Whiteflash 1.81 ca.jpg

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not an expert, but the 1.4 definitely looks better to me. The center of the 1.81 is dark so will show leakage. The 1.4 has a lot of red. Videos would be great to see.

alphaprime2

Rough_Rock
Any thoughts on this diamond? Hopefully getting ASET today. @Karl_K

https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG2466609129 Depth is actually 66.8%, not 4% lol

@momofive I can ask if they have any videos they can take of the 1.4 diamond. She did mention that the 1.81 did have more dark spots in the center when she looked at it.

alphaprime2

Rough_Rock
Video of the Whiteflash 1.4 ca diamond they sent me, unfortunately the video quality isn't the best...

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
What kind of lighting was that video shot in? I don't see any "dancing flashes".

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

100% agree - too much contrast and it looks like the very center will be light leakage city, population: this diamond.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
1.4 is much better than the other WF offering, but ask for videos in multiple lighting conditions. The "blue box" may be of some concern.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
wf video link not working.
wonder why I didn't get the @ notification.

alphaprime2

Rough_Rock

Attachments

• 2.03ct.3465827618.pdf
    227.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.10ct.2437615962.pdf
    288.9 KB · Views: 2

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi, just a quick update, looking at some other diamonds. Working with Alina at ID jewelry and she suggested two diamonds, any thoughts? One is 2.03/E/VVS2 and the other is 2.10/F/VVS2. Asking for ASET today as well. @Karl_K @DejaWiz

Do they have any spring-rings/try-on rings that they can be put into?
One seems to have a bit too much contrast and the other seems to have too much center leakage in those videos.

alphaprime2

Rough_Rock
Do they have any spring-rings/try-on rings that they can be put into?
One seems to have a bit too much contrast and the other seems to have too much center leakage in those videos.

Here’s the 2.03 carat diamond, I didn’t ask for the 2.1 which was the one with the light leakage. They’re also asking for $50 for the ASET, think I should still ask for it?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

alphaprime2

Rough_Rock
This one may be worth bringing in for a look.

Like buying it and seeing it in person? And what did you think about the 2.03 carat ID one in the ring setting? I only ask cause it’s like $600 cheaper than the ritani one.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Like buying it and seeing it in person? And what did you think about the 2.03 carat ID one in the ring setting? I only ask cause it’s like $600 cheaper than the ritani one.

I think it has too much contrast, but that's me.
What do you think?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Here’s the 2.03 carat diamond, I didn’t ask for the 2.1 which was the one with the light leakage. They’re also asking for $50 for the ASET, think I should still ask for it?
lighting is awful in the video.
From what I can see its not a real bad one, but I can't tell how good it is.

alphaprime2

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, I went for it and bought the Ritani one, hopefully it looks great in person!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results