shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenna

Rough_Rock
I''m wondering if anyone has any advice regarding which stone is better. Also will the H/J color look yellow with this size stone? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

EGL, MARQUISE
Weight: 2.19
Clarity: VS2
Color: H
Dimensions: 12.55 x 7.12 x 4.42 mm
Depth Percentage: 62 %
Table: 55 %
Crown: %
Pavilion: %
Girdle: M-SLTK
Culet: N
Polish: GOOD
Symmetry: GOOD
Fluorescence: NONE
Cost Per Carat: $ 4200.00
Credit Card Price: $ 9198.00
Wire/cash price: $9014.04
----In comparison to----------
Marquise 2.30
VS2
Fluorescence: Medium
Color grade S1 tinted white J
13.00 x 6.50 x 4.55mm
gridle: thick 5.5% faceted
cutlet: pointed
table: 59%
cr. height: 15%
pav. debth: 49%
finish grade: good
Price:$9279.

Which is better, are these good stones??
Thanks

Janna

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Jenna, if the grading is correct the 2.19 is the higher quality stone, but the 2.30 has what is traditionally considered a better length-to-width outline. I'll follow this post with two computer simulated images which will give you an idea of their shape.

Both stones look to have decent percentages, although the info on the 2.19 is incomplete without crown height and pavilion depth.

If the 2.19 "H" is correctly graded I don't think you have to worry about seeing yellow when it's mounted. The 2.30 with it's "J" color is going to have some "warmth" to it. I personally wouldn't find it objectional, but there's some people on these boards who would.

Was the 2.30 graded by EGL as well?

I think these are probably both nice looking stones, but only a direct viewing will tell you for sure. Fancies have to be seen to be properly ranked.

You might consider investing $25 in an IdealScope (see menu above) to use when you view the stones in person. It will show you the difference in light return between the two. A great help in making decisions.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The 2.30 (bear in mind that these are computer simulated images, and the proportions and symmetry of your stones will probably differ to some degree).

2.30 II.jpg

jenna

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results